Friday, July 7, 2017

Daytime Glam Peachy/Pink Look Inspired by Rachel Leary


I am copying the look she did using the stuff I already own, and not going out to buy exactly all the new stuff she is using. It is similar to her look, but without the fake lashes and looks a little more natural and appropriate for a summer's day.

1. She used an oil popular on instagram. I like to use this spray by Mario Badescu with rose water, herbs, and aloe. You can find it at Ulta. It is inexpensive. Then I put on an SPF lotion for the face.

2. She used a Too Faced primer spray. It looks really cool actually! I might want to get that for my birthday. I am using Dr. Brandt's Pores No More Primer. Just use whatever primer works for you.

3. She used a really thick foundation. I used my regular foundation I always use, Revlon Colorstay Foundation for Normal/Dry Skin. I like to blend it out using my Sigma F80 Brush.

4. She used a couple of concealers by Benefit. I don't have big problems under my eyes. I just have a little bit of places to cover up and I use Wet 'n Wild Photo Focus Concealer. I like to use an Echo Tools brush to buff out the concealer. It is more precise.

5. She used a loose powder by Too Faced. I might like that. I'm not sure. I have been using for so long a powder by Rimmel that is really inexpensive. I think it works ok. It never makes me look cakey or anything. It is Rimmel's Stay Matte Powder in Translucent.

6. She put on Fix Plus by Mac and did her eyebrows. I don't have a setting spray and I only have been brushing my eyebrows. I like my eyebrows the way they are, and I don't feel like I need to do anything with them other than groom them.

7. She put on a matte bronzer. I like to use Benefit's Hoola Bronzer. I don't put it on my neck because I feel like that would look funny on me. I don't use fake tan, so I am really pale. I just put a little bit on places that the sun would naturally hit, so it looks like a real tan on my face.

8. For a glowy bronzer she used one by Rimmel and I did too. Mine is Rimmel Natural Bronzer in 021 Sun Light. It is waterproof too. I put it on with a bigger powder blush on places the sun would hit. I also made sure to blend everything out so no harsh lines.

9. She used a pink blush to match the pink that would be on the eyes. She layered it over where she put the bronzer on the cheeks like at an angle and she blended it out with her sponge on the edges. I used Wet 'n Wild Pearlescent Pink - this isn't a dupe for the blush she used, but it was the pinky shade I was looking for.

10. Highlighter. I just used the highlighter I like to use. I use it on the parts of my face that don't have too much texture. Above my eyebrows, forehead, temples, cheekbones, down the nose and tip, cupid's bow. Not on the chin because that looks too greasy I think.

11. So for her eyes she used the new palette by Makeup Geek In the Nude a collab. with makeup artist/youtuber Manny MUA. I used Temptalia's website to help me figure out what the colors were, and if I had any dupes of the shadows.

a. She put the colors Buffed and Creased on the outer lid, outer v and crease of the eye with a fluffy crease brush. For me the dupes were Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette in Salted Caramel and Anastasia of Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance in Warm Taupe. I put my brush in both shades and tapped off the excess.

b. Next, she put In the Spotlight on most of her eye except the outer lid where those other shadows were put. It was very pigmented. It looked like she got her brush wet, but she didn't show that part. My dupes for that were Milani Bella Champagne or Kat Von D Monarch Palette in Killing Jar. If you want it to be more pigmented, then wetting brush would be a good idea. I didn't do it, but it still came out looking ok.

c. She next used the color Dark Roast. I have this in a limited edition palette, Too Faced Sugar & Spice in Chocolate Cake. This is a dark warm brown with a matte finish. Put a little bit on the outer lid, outer v, and blend it out with other blending brush.

d. Take a pencil brush using Creased and go along lower lash line, leave the inner lower lash line blank for the inner highlight color we will use later. So I used Warm Taupe from the Modern Renaissance Palette.

e. Rapunzel on inner corner of eye, a little bit on lower lash line and a little bit on top of lid. This shade is cheaper if you were to get the Makeup Geek shadow. It only costs $8 and it is sold separately outside of this palette. My dupe is from a limited edition palette by Sephora Sand in the Glass from the Glass from the Jasmine Disney Palette. It is a warm gold with a frost finish. She actually didn't like it, and used her highlighter instead.

12. Mascara and fake lashes. I just put on mascara. I am happy with my lashes the way they are.

13. Nude lip liner outline lips. Just use the one that matches your natural lip color. Jordana Lip Liner in Tawny is the one I used.

14. She put on different lip products that looked really cool when she was done. I used Wet 'n Wild Megalast Liquid Catsuit in 921 B Nudist Peach. I let that dry, and then applied Bare Minerals Buxom Lip Gloss in Katie.

I like Rachel Leary's makeup looks. I think she is really cool, and is an artist. This helps me to write out while I'm watching a video and preparing to create my own look. I post this on my blog because maybe it will help someone out there as well for when they do their makeup. I hope you are having a good summer and are staying cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog! I love to get comments!