Monday, November 27, 2017

November Favorites


The Book of Unknown Americans by Cristina Henriquez: I am almost finished with this book. Every chapter is from a different perspective of people who all live in the same apartment building in New Jersey. They are all immigrants from a different country like Guatemala, Panama, Puerto Rico, Mexico, etc. The family from Mexico have a daughter who got into an accident after falling off a ladder so now she has a brain injury. The best school for her was in America, so the father found a job in a mushroom farm that would sponsor his Visa. The neighbor boy falls in love with her. It is a sweet story focusing on relationships like between a husband and a wife, a parent and a child, and first love. I haven't read the ending yet, and I am hoping it ends good. I'm afraid something bad will happen because there is a villain in the book. I don't want him hurting the girl from Mexico. Update: I finished the book and the ending is sad, but I still recommend this book.


Advent of the Savior, a Lifeguide Bible Study, edited by Cindy Bunch. My family and I started this study the week of Thanksgiving. We answer the questions on our own time. I help my mom write down her answers. She has arthritis and something wrong with her brain so she needs help to do it. I enjoy spending time with her, and doing something that is "deep." It reminds me of what it used to be like with my mom when she was well. The study is about the different perspectives within the story of Jesus. Week 1 talks about the prophecy of the messiah in Isaiah. Week 2 is the story of Zechariah and Elizabeth when Zechariah saw an angel. Week 3 is when Mary saw an angel. Week 4 is Joseph and the Angel. Week 5 is Jesus' Birth. The last week is when the wise men visit Jesus. I think this study is good to keep the mind on what is important this season: Jesus came to our world. A light shone in the darkness.


Children of the Day by Beth Moore: This is another Bible study I am finishing up this month. I did this with the Women's Bible Study group at my church. This is the first study I have done with them. I really liked it! It came with a DVD we watched once a week. It was very powerful. I felt like it helped us go through scripture in a way that related to us personally. It wasn't easy at times. She touched on some powerful topics like sexual sin. It was intense when we studied the end times and the anti-christ. One person said she had trouble sleeping after that study! There was about a week of lessons on being involved in a ministry and I felt like God was talking to me about how I could use my gifts somehow. I am looking into getting involved at my church. I used to teach Sunday School and I used to work at a school. I think I am gifted with children. I have to step out of my comfort zone and get involved even when it seems scary and unknown to me.



This is my swimming suit and swimsuit coverup/dress. They are plus size bought at Forever 21. I have enjoyed swim aerobics. I was nervous to go at first because I am overweight. It feels embarrassing sometimes to be in a swimsuit, but I just look at the other people and no one looks like a skinny model with a perfect body. It is fun listening to the music and doing the different exercises. We do aerobic workout at first. Then we do strengthening exercises with the floating weights. They float in the water. Next, we do exercises with the noodle. Lastly, we stretch. I like to get in the hot tub at the very end. It feels good on the muscles. The class is 3 days a week. I have been trying to go each time. I feel good when I do. I have been losing weight, so I know this is a good form of exercise for me and it isn't hard on the joints. It's fun!


These are the things I use at night generally.

1. Neutrogena Ultra Gentle Daily Cleanser: This is a nice, basic face wash. It is for sensitive skin. I got this at Ulta.
2. Aveeno Positively Radiant Night Cream: I use this at night for a moisturizer. In the day I like to use CeraVe. I got this at Walgreens.
3. L'Oreal Revitalist Eye Cream: I put this on at night too when I remember. You can also put this on before you do your makeup. It helps concealer go on better. I don't remember where I got this. I think you can find them at the drugstore where L'Oreal products are sold.
4. Up and Up Eye Makeup Remover: This is a cheaper version of the Neutrogena Eye Makeup Remover. You can get this at Target.


This is the stuff I use in the shower.
1. Loma Daily Shampoo: This was recommended to me from the lady that colored my hair. It has no sulfates, paragons or glutens. I like to have a lather in my hair, so you need a bunch of the shampoo to get a lather.
2. Enjoy Therapeutic Volumizing Conditioner: This is ideal for fine and thinning hair. It tingles a little bit and feels cooling on the scalp. I got this at Super Cuts.
3. Skintimate Moisturizing Shave Gel in Island Berry Breeze: This has vitamin E and olive butter. This smells good and makes my skin moisturized.
4. Dial Hibiscus Water Body Wash: This is so moisturizing. My skin doesn't flake off when I get out of the shower. I love this stuff. It has a floral smell.



This is my video on Youtube of me talking about my favorites for this month if you want to see me in action. Please leave a comment! I love to get comments. What was your favorite thing in November?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog! I love to get comments!