Wednesday, July 25, 2012

My Favorite Brushes (and Summer Flowers)

I thought I'd do a blog post on all my favorite brushes. These are the brushes I reach for the most. To make it a little more interesting, I paired each brush with a flower blooming in my yard. You will see roses and dahlias.


1. This first brush I use for my mineral powder. It doesn't have a name on it, and I got it from my mom. I'm not sure where it is from, but I'm guessing it's from a Bare Mineral's collection my mom ordered from QVC several years ago. It feels wonderful.


2. Sigma Mrs. Bunny Large Powder F30 Brush: This is a very large, fluffy brush. I like to use it when I'm putting bronzer on my neck.


3. Sigma Mrs. Bunny Pencil E30 Brush: This has a fine point, which is good for the outer v or smudging liner. All the Mrs. Bunny brushes are vegan and are nice and soft. I got them in a collection. It is a dupe for the Mac 219 brush.


4. Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Stippling Brush: I use this when I want a little bit of blush or when the blush I'm using is really pigmented and I want just a touch of it on my cheeks. This is from a line of brushes done by one of the pixiwoo sisters from Youtube. I've mentioned them before because I love their tutorials. I get their brushes from Fred Meyers. I was so excited when I found out Fred Meyers was selling them.


5. Sigma Mrs. Bunny Eye Shading E55 Brush: This is my favorite brush for applying eye shadow.


6. Ecotools Angled Brushes: I liked this brush so much I had to buy another. I use one for gel liner and the other for eyeshadow I'm using as a liner. I painted the tip of one of the brushes with nail polish so I could tell them apart. It is a dupe for the Mac 266 brush.


7. Confidential Foundation Brush: This was my first brush collection I ever bought. This is my favorite brush from the collection. I use it for highlighter. It is a dupe for the Mac 190 brush.


8. Sigma Mrs. Bunny Large Angled Contour F40 Brush: This is my favorite brush for applying blush. It is a dupe for the Mac 186 Brush.


9. Ecotools Crease Brush: This is a fluffy, angled brush. It is so soft. I like to use this to apply a highlighter under my brows.


10. Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Contour Brush: I use this to apply bronzer on the contouring spots like the hollows of my cheeks, my temples, under the jaw, and sometimes I squeeze it and put it on the sides of my nose.


11. Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Deluxe Crease Brush: I mentioned this in my June favorites blog. I love to use this for concealer. I've seen pixiwoo and pixi2woo use this in their videos to apply concealer too. That is where I got the idea.


12. Sigma Mrs. Bunny Tapered Blending E40 Brush: This is my favorite brush for blending out the crease. It is a dupe for the Mac 224 brush.


13. Sigma Mrs. Bunny Medium Angled Shading E70 Brush: I like this for applying eyeshadow and crease color. It has a tip, so it can get into the inner corner well. It is a dupe for the Mac 272 brush.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog! I love to get comments!