Wednesday, January 16, 2013

January Birchbox

I thought I was unsubscribed to Birchbox, so I wasn't expecting it to come. I better go to the website and make sure I'm unsubscribed. I like the Birchbox, I just didn't want to pay for it again. This had some nice things in it.


1. This is what the card says: "Best Year Ever. Hi there, We don't think a new year means a whole new you. After all, you're pretty awesome. But a fresh calendar is as good a time as any to refocus on the things that keep falling to the bottom of the to-do list: you know, signing up for that big race or cleaning your makeup brushes. That's why we're heading into 2013 with the personal goal of making it the best year ever. (Until 2014, that is.) We have plenty of ideas for maximizing your individual happiness - you'll find 25 of them on the fold-out poster included in your box. We'd also love to hear your ideas - share them with us on your favorite social media channel with #mybestyear. Here's to making 2013 extra special." I thought the poster was an advertisement, so I didn't take a picture of it. Well, on looking at the poster it is like an ad for Birchbox products, but it's done in a nice way. They have 25 ways to make 2013 awesome, for example: "1. Don't swear off carbs. Go out for a luxurious brunch. Wear big sunglasses and your most glam lipstick (tres Audrey). Our pick: BY TERRY Rouge Terrybly in Frenetic Vermillion." So cute little ideas and products to buy.


2. Oscar Blandi Hair Lift Thickening Mousse: "Made with hair-plumping polymers, this celeb stylist's next-generation mousse delivers intense body while tamping down frizz." This makes me excited. My hair could use a little thickening and de-frizzing. Also, I know Oscar Blandi is pretty cool.


3. Eyeko Skinny Liquid Eyeliner: "This UK import features a user-friendly pen applicator and super smooth formula." This looks really good to me! I have been using a L'Oreal liquid liner, but the tip was flimsy. This one looks like it would be easier and more precise to use. I also have heard of Eyeko before as being a good brand.


4. Oscar Blandi Olio di Jasmine Hair Serum: "This best-selling serum tames frizz and gives hair a glossy finish. Plus, the jasmine scent lingers for hours." This sounds nice. I'll have to try it out.


5. Harvey Prince Ageless: "Most scents just smell pretty, but this blend of pink grapefruit and mango is designed to make you feel more youthful." It smells delightful! I don't know why, but I love getting perfume samples.


6. My Multi-Purpose Mattifying Moisturizer: "Rich with pili and mooring oils, this healthy moisturizer gives skin a velvety matte finish that lasts all day." I wonder if I could use this as a primer. It says prime on the tube. I don't want to replace my regular moisturizer because it has SPF in it, and this doesn't. I like that it makes skin matte though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog! I love to get comments!