Saturday, January 19, 2013

January Empties

These are my empties I've accumulated since the last time I blogged about them. These are the products I've used up, and my opinions about them. I hope this is helpful.


1. Posh Brush Cleaner: I repurchased this, as soon as I ran out. I love having this on my makeup table. It's a fast, easy way to keep your brushes clean. Just use a paper towel and squirt it on the brush. Then wipe it til it's clean on the paper towel. Then leave it to dry. I keep my brushes standing up in different containers. If I were to use water and soap, I would let it dry lying down, so the handles wouldn't get water in them. When using the sprayer, you are just getting the brush wet, so you don't have to worry about the handles. I got this at Fred Meyers.


2. Beauty Fixation Make Up Remover: This came in one of my beauty boxes I was subscribed to. It is pre-moistened q-tips, that you break off and the product comes out. They worked nicely, to remove eye makeup. I kept them on my makeup table to use whenever I made a mistake with my eye makeup that I needed to erase. I wouldn't purchase these because I normally just use a regular q-tip and put eye makeup remover on them myself. It is cheaper that way. It is not hard or inconvenient to do it myself. I keep q-tips and the Maybelline Eye Make Up Remover on my makeup table.


3. Juicy Couture Original Scent: I got a sample from a beauty box. I love this scent! The notes are watermelon, mandarin, passion fruit, marigold, green apple, water hyacinth, crushed leaves, wild rose, princess lily, tuberose, caramel creme brûlée, vanilla, precious woods and patchouli. It smells like fruits and flowers to me. I would repurchase this. I have so many perfumes, I feel like I should finish them before purchasing a new perfume. This is definitely one I would buy.


4. Maybelline Expert Eyes Moisturizing Eye Makeup Remover for Waterproof Eye Makeup: I have liked this for a long time. I keep it on my makeup table with q-tips, to clean up any mistakes I make or clean up my whole eye look if I'm experimenting on my eye makeup. There is a pink one and a blue one. I have tried both and I like both. I use the pink one because it removes waterproof eye makeup, and I always get waterproof mascara because I heard it holds curl better and just in case my eyes water I don't have mascara running down my face. I have already repurchased this. I think I heard about this from my mom, when I was just beginning with makeup. So I have purchased this for a long time.


5. Milani Liquif'eye Liquid Eye Liner Automatic Propel Pencil in Purple: I feel like this didn't last a long time. It seems like already I'm out of it. It isn't a pencil you sharpen. You twist it up. And there is just no more to twist up. It's a really pretty purple/black color. It's hard to judge it now that there is just a little bit to use because it was hard at the end to use it. I can't remember what it was like when there wa more pencil. I don't think I will purchase this again. I have other purple eye liners that work just as good, if not better.


6. Clindamycin Phosphate Topical Lotion: This is prescribed by my dermatologist. It's an antibiotic serum. It feels like a lotion. I put it on after I cleanse and before I moisturize. It gets rid of the bacteria on my skin. I'm allergic to most antibiotics, so I think if I wasn't allergic, I would take a pill instead. But luckily, I'm not allergic to this lotion. I don't have any bad side effects from it. I love it. It helps me to not get pimples.


7. Secret Invisible Solid Scent Expressions in Cocoa Butter Kiss Deodorant: This smells really good. It's a solid. I like that kind of deodorant. I would repurchase it, but I didn't see it at the store. I'm not going to go to different stores searching for this. I also like to try out different ones. This one worked good, though. I would recommend it.


8. Jordana Incolor Fabuliner Liquid Eye Liner in Black: I really liked this. I like how the tip is firm, like a pen, so it makes it easy to use. It didn't seem to last long, but I don't know how long liquid liners typically last. It took about three months before it dried out. I'm using other liquid liners that I still have, but when I need a new black liquid liner I would repurchase this. I might want to try a new one. This is really inexpensive too. It is under $3! I found it at Walgreens.


9. Milani Liquif'eye Liquid Eye Liner Automatic Propel Pencil in Green: This isn't liquid, neither was the purple one. I think I'm out of it because nothing is able to turn up out of it. You can't sharpen it. I feel like I didn't have it for very long and it is already out. I barely used it! I would not buy this again.


10. Elf Brush Shampoo: This is only $3. I wanted something to clean my brushes with and I decided to try this out. It lasted a good amount of time, and it did a good job cleaning my brushes. I have since then learned you can use baby shampoo to clean your brushes, so I got a huge bottle of baby shampoo from Walgreens and I'm going to use that next. I think I save more money buying the baby shampoo, than the Elf one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog! I love to get comments!