Friday, January 4, 2013

Too Faced No Makeup Makeup Palette: Nude Radiance

So this is the second look from the Too Faced No Makeup Makeup Palette. I don't have the palette, I'm just copying the card that is on the Too Faced website: https://www.toofaced.com/p-1324-the-secret-to-no-makeup-makeup-fresh-flawless-face-palette.aspx.

First, I put on primer (Hard Candy Sheer Envy Skin Illuminating Primer) and then foundation (Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Makeup). You can use whatever primer or foundation you like to use.

1. Concealer: I used Hard Candy Glamoflauge Heavy Duty Concealer in Light. You can use whatever concealer is good for you. On the diagram it is hard to read, but I think they have concealer in the inner corners of the eyes (tear ducts), and sides of nostrils. It looks like this look uses more concealer than the last one.

2. Bronzer: I matched their bronzer to Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips in Vegas Strip / Light Bronzer. I'm not going to use this because it was too shimmery. I'm going to use the contour powder I was matched with at a Mac counter, Mac Studio Careblend Pressed Powder in Medium Deep. It is my right contour shade, and there are no shimmers. A cheaper alternative if you have my skin tone (very fair) is NYC Smooth Skin Bronzing Face Powder in Sunny or NYX Bronzer & Blusher Combo in Ibiza. This look calls for less bronzer, than the last look did. It says to put the bronzer above the eyebrows, down the nose, bottom of chin, and across the face. Imagine there is an invisible triangle under each eye, and don't put bronzer in the triangle.

3. Brightener: I used Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Highlighting Concealer in Ivory. The picture shows a triangle under each eye. I honestly can't see a difference when I do this. Maybe if I used the Too Faced one I would see the difference.

4. Lumanizer: I used The Balm Mary-Lou Manizer. You could use Hard Candy So Baked Bronzer in Tiki (it is a good dupe). The chart says to put this under the eyebrows, cupid's bow, center of chin, and corners of the mouth. I don't know why they would put it on the corners of the mouth. I could be reading the chart wrong. I think in real life the cards are easier to read. You can see the colors better. On the website, I have to sort of tilt my computer at a weird angle to try to see where the colors are. Maybe the concealer goes on the corners of the mouth. I'm not sure!

5. Powder Blush: I used Maybelline Pinch 'o Pink. This may have been discontinued. The Too Faced blush looks like a natural pink color. I'm sure a lot of blushes could dupe this. I don't put the blush where the chart says to put it. Look at my first Too Faced No Makeup Makeup Palette post for how to figure out where to put your blush (if you are interested).

My Thoughts: Overall, it is a pretty look. It is a good way to start off your make up. I'm not going to stop there though. I'm still going to put on eyeshadow, mascara, and lip gloss.

Tomorrow I will do the "Red Carpet Contour."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog! I love to get comments!