Wednesday, January 2, 2013

My 2013 New Years Resolutions!

I thought this would be a good post to do, to get me motivated. Maybe if I write down my resolutions, I will be more likely to stick to them? At least next year I can look back and remember what they were. (I don't remember what my resolutions were last year!)

1. Lose Weight: I have been doing Jenny Craig for awhile now. I'm not very good at following the diet though. I normally eat healthy for breakfast and lunch, but by dinner time I go hog wild and only obey my cravings. I write down what I eat. I have these little menu forms that I get from Jenny Craig. When I follow the whole day's diet plan I give myself a smiley face. I have been good at exercising. I like to take walks around my neighborhood.

                                                                 
                                                              (Photo Source: Google)

2. Drink More Water: I do good at drinking water for breakfast, lunch, and when I exercise. But in the evenings when I go crazy I tend to drink soft drinks instead of water. If I do go off my diet, I could still drink water. I would save calories that way.


                                                               (Photo Source: Google)

3. Read the Bible: I'm a Christian, and I believe that the Bible isn't just some old fashioned book, but actually the Word of God. So I feel like my relationship with God suffers when I don't read the Bible. I believe He speaks to me through the Bible, and if I'm not reading it, then it is like I'm not communicating with Him. I pray a lot, but that is just me speaking. I need to hear what He has to say back to me. The pastor has a weekly reading guide for us every Sunday. I feel like I could do the reading everyday. It isn't long. It is a place to start.


                                                               (Photo Source: Google)

4. Playing the Violin: I don't know if I've ever spoken about this in my blog, but I play the violin. I have played since I was in 6th grade. That's 1992! I love playing the violin, but these last few years I've had a lot of pain from playing. My violin teacher told me it wasn't normal. So I've been on a quest to figure out what is wrong with me, and try to fix it. I've been to a physical therapist for several months, but that didn't work. It felt good to be massaged. I have gone to my doctor. I need to have x-ray's done. I changed violin teachers. My new one is also a massage therapist and she has helped violinists who experience pain, so she could be a big help to me. So my goal is to figure out why I have the pain, and what I can do to get rid of it and continue to enjoy playing my violin. I would like to get good enough, so I could join a community orchestra.


                                                              (Photo Source: Google)

I hope you enjoyed reading about my New Year's Resolutions! What are your resolutions?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog! I love to get comments!