Wednesday, May 22, 2013

May Empties!

I finished up some more products to show you. One of them I just hit pan on, but I wanted to show you what it looked like before I used it all up.


1. Walgreens Cotton Swabs: These were just ordinary q-tips. I use them to wipe off eye makeup under my eye or to fix my eye liner mistakes. I dip them in the Maybelline Expert Eyes Moisturizing Eye Makeup Remover because it gets off waterproof eye makeup. I would purchase these again. I'm not picky when it comes to q-tips. I will get the cheapest I can find.



2. MAC Studio Careblend Pressed Powder in Medium Deep: I use this whenever a look calls for contouring. I didn't know what to use for my skin color because I'm so light and I wanted a contour to look natural on me. I decided to go to a MAC counter to have a makeup artist match me. I think this is the right color for me. I would repurchase this when I run out. Even though it isn't drugstore, I like knowing that it is the right match for me. It has lasted a long time too. I just use a little bit of it. It is a matte powder that is a few shades darker than my skin color, so it technically isn't a bronzer, but you can use it like it is.


3. Freeman Facial Enzyme Mask in Pineapple: This is supposed to restore radiant skin. I used this once a week. There is a lot of product in the sample. I stored it in a zip lock bag and it stayed fresh. It smells so good! You leave it on your face for 10 minutes and when you rinse it off your face feels smoother. I didn't notice it looking more radiant. I would purchase the full size. I don't think I've ever seen the full size version of this at the store. If I do see it, I would get it. I recommend it.


4. Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash: This was recommended to me by my dermatologist. It has salicylic acid in it which helps get rid of acne. She said for me to use a benzoid peroxide wash in the morning and a salicylic acid wash at night. It is good to have both I guess to get rid of acne. Your skin won't get used to one. This method works for me because I rarely get pimples. I repurchase this in bulk!


5. Juicy Couture in Couture La La Perfume: This smells so good! I'm sorry it is all used up. I love the Juicy Couture perfumes. I haven't smelled one that I didn't like. It smells like a combination of fruit and flowers. Sephora says the notes are sparkling mandarin, water hyacinth, green apple, red currant, lily of the valley, blushing peony, violet leaves, orange flower, smooth woods, and liquid musk. This is a nice perfume for any time of the year. I got this sample from my February Birchbox. Even though I like this perfume, I don't think I would purchase it because I already have a big size bottle of Viva La Juicy.


6. MAKE Dual-Phase Eye Makeup Remover: It was good, but I like Neutrogena better. And it is more affordable and easier to get. I got this sample from a Birchbox.


7. Bvlgari Jasmin Noir Eau de Parfum: I got a sample from a Birchbox. This scent has notes of green sap, gardenia petals, samba jasmine absolute, satiny almond, precious wood, licorice, and tonk a bean absolute. Sephora says the style is seductive, sophisticated, and refined. I agree with that. I like the smell, but it is a little too spicy for me, if that makes any sense. I like lighter, fruitier, sweeter scents. I'm still figuring out what kinds of perfumes I like. I have so many samples it has helped me figure out my tastes. I wouldn't purchase this.


8. COACH Poppy Flower: This is in the purple packaging. The notes are sweet freesia, violet leaves, wet ivy, juicy grapefruit, mandarin, lychee, cassis, jasmine petals, water lily, rose, amber, and apricot skin. Sephora says the style is chic, vibrant, and whimsical. It definitely is vibrant. Even though I just said I like the fruit and floral scents, this perfume is just ok to me. I wouldn't purchase it. It's not a bad smell. I'm not sure what it is that I don't like. I still wore it, so I like it just ok.


9. Tresemme Frizz Shield Finishing Spray: It worked good as a hair spray, but it didn't help with my frizziness. But my hair has a mind of it's own, and it can be very stubborn against hair products. I didn't repurchase this.


10. Up & Up Women's Shave Gel in Strawberry Tangerine: It says this is compared to Skintimate Strawberry Tangerine Twist. It is extra moisturizing with Vitamin E and olive butter. I loved this! This smells so good, it made me want to run out of the shower and make myself a fruit smoothie! I had heard about this in someone else's favorites, so I went to Target to get it. I would recommend this and I would repurchase this. The only problem is it is at Target. It is more convenient for me to go to Rite AId or Walgreens. Target is further away and the Target where I live is always really busy, so I would rather not go to it. The parking lot is horrible. I feel like I'm going to get in an accident whenever I go there. I think this shaving gel is as good as Skintimate. It was even better because it smelled so amazing.

I hope you enjoyed reading about my empties! Feel free to leave a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog! I love to get comments!