Tuesday, May 21, 2013

The Balm Meet Matt(e) Nude Eyeshadow Palette Looks

Back in February I got a bunch of palettes on sale at Hautelook.com. One of the palettes I got was The Balm Meet Matt(e) Nude. I was excited to get some matte eyeshadows in my makeup collection. I heard good things about this palette. It originally costs $34, but I got it for $21 which is a pretty good deal. I'm addicted to Hautelook.com now. I'm constantly checking to see what's on their website because it always changes, and things get sold out pretty quickly. Don't worry, I'm not affiliated with them. I just really like the website. I've been talking about them a lot lately because I got so many things I want to share on the blog.

This palette has neutral, matte shadows. It's funny because there is another Matt(e) eyeshadow palette, but the shadows are smaller and "Matt" is dressed on the cover of the palette. In my palette his shirt is off, and it says "Size matters." So the actual eyeshadow is bigger than the first palette. This brand is so cheeky, I love it. Also, each eye shadow is named after someone named Matt.

I didn't find very many looks on Youtube with this palette, but I've been using it all the time to copy looks. I really like the shade Matt Abdul because it is the only matte taupe I have. I want to share with you the looks I've found that I like.

Here are some pictures of the palette and swatches:

This is a picture of a sample matte eye shadow from The Meet Matt(e) Palette, where Matt has his clothes on. I think I got this from a Birchbox.


Here is Meet Matt(e) Nude:



Here are some swatches:


Now onto the makeup looks. These are the products I used for each look.

Bronzer: MAC Studio Careblend Pressed Powder in Medium Deep
Eye Shadow Primer: Milani Eyeshadow Primer
Mascara: Maybelline The Rocket Volum' Express Waterproof in Very Black (top lashes), Maybelline Lash Discovery Mini-Brush Waterproof in Very Black (bottom lashes)
Black Eye Liner: Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Zero
Nude Eye Liner: Rimmel Scandal Eyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal in Nude
Black Liquid Liner: Jordana Incolor Fabuliner Liquid Eye Liner in Black
BB Cream: Physicians Formula Super BB Cream in light/medium
Powder: Maybelline Dream Matte Powder in light
Brown Eye Liner: Rimmel Scandal Eyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal in Brown

1. Get Ready With Me (Average Day) by emilynoel83 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fjxFRNsmaw
a. Face Primer
b. Foundation
c. Concealer
d. Bare Minerals Well Rested: I skipped this step.
e. Powder
f. Bronzer, neck, hollows of cheeks, temples
g. Physicians Formula Happy Booster Blush in Natural
h. Tarte Blush in Angelic (highlight), top of cheekbones, sides of eyes, nose, chin, cupid's bow: NAR's Albatross dupe which is Prestige Beauty Bar in Earthling, 4th color
i. Eye Primer
j. Matt Malloy, inner half of eyelid, tear duct
k. Matt Abdul, outer half of eyelid
l. Matt Hung, crease
m. Matt Singh, above crease
n. Matt Johnson, outer v
o. Matt Malloy, under brow
p. Matt Johnson, lower lash line
q. Matt Abdul, lower lash line
r. Black Liquid Liner top lashes
s. Black Eye Liner, lower lashes outer 1/3
t. Matt Johnson, over liner
u. Nude liner in waterline
v. Mascara
w. Tarte Lip Surgence in Escape: Covergirl Lip Perfection Jumbo Gloss Balm in Ballet Twist
My Thoughts: I like it. The face is all over pretty neutral. Even though there are a lot of steps, it is easy to do.

2. Giveaway and Tutorial: The Balm Meet Matt(e) Nude by beautybymoon http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0yAty8v6dY
a. Eye Primer
b. Matt Singh, eyelid
c. Matt Rosen, crease
d. Matt Garcia, bottom of the crease, not blending it too much
e. Matt Wood, outer v
f. Blend it out.
g. Matt Malloy, under brow, inner corner
h. Matt Wood, lower lash line, half way
i. Maroon, burgundy, raisin eye liner, upper lash line: The Balm Nude'tude Eye Shadow Palette, in Sexy
j. Mascara
k. Maybelline Fit Me in Light Pink: Physicians Formula Happy Booster Blush in Pink
l. Revlon Lip Butter in Peach Parfait
My Thoughts: The eye shadow look is more brown, than the look before. The blush is a cute pink color. This is a pretty look.

3. The Balm Haul - "Meet Matte Nude" Review/Demo by charlieamateur http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUKwQeHNniM
a. The Balm Frat Boy Blush: The Balm Rockstar Don't You Want Me? Blush (is an exact dupe)
b. The Balm Mary-Lou Manizer, nose, cheekbones, sides of eyes
c. Eyelid Primer
d. Matt Singh, crease
e. Matt Lombardi, eyelid
f. Matt Hung, outer v
g. Matt Malloy, under brow, blend out harsh edges
h. Eyeliner and Mascara (she doesn't show how)
My Thoughts: This girl is so pretty! She does a good review. She doesn't say what is on her lips. They look like nothing is on them. I used brown liner and my normal mascara routine. I put liner on the top and bottom lash lines and smudged it out with my Elf Smudger Brush. For lip gloss I used Revlon Colorstay in Peony, on of my favorites. This look was easiest out of all of them. I like it the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog! I love to get comments!