Friday, May 31, 2013

May Favorites

This month was so long! I'm excited to get to write about my May favorites!

Favorite Movie: The Great Gatsby


I have been wanting to see this movie ever since I first saw the trailer in the movie theater back in 2012. I love Leonardo Dicaprio. I think he is an amazing actor. I have had a crush on him since I was in high school and he played Romeo in Romeo and Juliet. I have heard some people complain the movie is not like the book, but I have read the book three times and I think they did an excellent job bringing the book to life. The director is amazing. He did Moulin Rouge. It is visually stunning. I also liked the music. I saw a trailer for The Lone Ranger and I'm excited for when that movie comes out.

Favorite Book: Crossed by Ally Condie


This is the second book in the Matched Trilogy. In this book the main character from the first book, Cassia runs away to find the boy she loves. The book alternates between her telling the story and the boy. So it is interesting to see the different points of view. This book is more like an adventure than the first book. It is also sadder than the first book. It ends so you want to read the third book. I really have been enjoying this trilogy.

Favorite Nail Polishes: I had a lot of favorites this month!


1. Elf Nail Polish in Coral Dream: This came in a set of 4 nail polishes. This color is so pretty. I also like cap because it makes it easy to hold the brush when you are applying the nail polish.


2. Essie Nail Lacquer in First Timer: I heard a lot about this nail polish on Youtube. People were raving about it. I normally don't wear green nail polish, but this has a mint color to it. I really like it.


3. OPI Nail Lacquer in You're Such a Budapest: I heard a lot about this on Youtube, too. I decided to wear this on my toes. It looked good with blue jeans. OPI has a great formula.


4. Essie Nail Lacquer in Under Wear? This is also from the Resort Collection 2013, just like First Timer. These are limited edition for the summer. I absolutely love this nail polish! It reminds me when I first got a manicure and I asked the lady doing my nails to pick the color that would be best for me, and she picked a color like this. I haven't been able to find that color again until now. It is very flattering with my coloring, I think.


5. Jordana Glitters Nail Polish in Cosmic and Wet 'n Wild Fergie Nail Color in Mermaid Curves: It is hard to see this polish. It is a bunch of different size teal glitters. I put the Jordana one on first and the glitters are really big, so there were spaces on the nails that had no glitter. I had the Wet 'n Wild one which has teal glitters but they were small, so I just put that on top. Teal is my favorite color. It matched my flip flops. I'm sorry the picture doesn't show the glitters that well.


6. Sally Hansen Hard As Nails Xtreme Wear Nail Color in Celeb City: I have this on my ring finger. It has lasted for so long! The rest of my nails are in a turquoise color. I repainted them because they looked too light. I saw someone on Youtube with their nails in turquoise and their ring fingers in a foil with glitter top coat. She had an expensive foil nail polish. I found this one by Sally Hansen and it worked so nicely. I really recommend it. It isn't limited edition.


7. Milani Nail Lacquer in Silver: I put this on top of my ring fingers. This is a chunky, silver glitter. It is so pretty! I feel very posh with this on my nails.

Other Beauty Favorites:


1. Milani Eye Shadow Primer: I heard about this on Youtube, and I felt like everyone was sent this and so I wasn't really happy about this. When everyone is sent something and they all like it, it makes me feel like it is just getting a lot of hype, but it's not necessarily a good product. You know? I don't know why I finally decided to get it. Maybe I was just curious. Oh my gosh! This product really does work! And I have oily eyelids! My shadows don't crease with this! This works better than Too Faced Shadow Insurance and Urban Decay Primer Potion! I'm so glad I found this because it is cheaper and at the drugstore.


2. Pixi Flawless & Poreless Face Primer in Translucent: I saw this on someone's monthly favorites blog post. I like to try different primers. This I got at Target. It works really nicely. Pixi is expensive though, so that is the only down side.


3. Tresemme Tres Two Hair Spray Ultra Fine Mist: I ran out of my usual hair spray, so I went on Makeup Alley to see the reviews for the best hair spray. This got a lot of ratings and a lot of good reviews, so I decided to get it. This makes your head like a helmet! Your hair is not going to move at all! I love it.


4. Victoria Secret Body Wash in Such A Flirt: I heard about this through someone's Youtube monthly favorite video. She said she couldn't wait to take showers because she loved this body wash so much! For some reason that made me very curious. I had seen other people with Victoria Secret body washes, and I had never tried it before. I have a lotion, which smells so good and I love the formula. So I guessed it would smell good and be good quality. This is in the scent starfruit and white orchid. It has aloe vera and the antioxidant Vitamin E. This is a great body wash. I don't feel like rushing to take a shower or anything! I would get a Victoria Secret Body Wash again. The only problem is it is expensive. I feel like you can get just as good of body washes at the drugstore.


5. Physicians Formula BB Cream in light/medium: I heard people talk about this and again I was curious. I have never found a bb cream that I liked. This got good reviews from people. I do like this, but I think my face has turned more oily now that it is getting warmer. So I have to go back to wearing my Estee Lauder foundation. This had good coverage for me though. I just didn't like to have to keep on putting on powder.


6. One 'n Only Argan Oil: I got a new hair straightener. It came with this little bottle of argan oil. Wow! This stuff really works! It makes my hair smooth and straight. It eliminates the frizz. I put it on when my hair is wet. It smells really good too. You can get this at Sally's Beauty Supply Store.




7. Urban Decay Mariposa Palette: I did a blog post about this palette. http://beautydiversion.blogspot.com/2013/05/urban-decay-mariposa-palette-looks.html
I love the Urban Decay eye shadows! These are my favorite shadows I own. They are so pigmented and they come in a beautiful selection of colors. I'm so happy to finally have my hands on them.




8. The Balm Meet Matt(e) Nude Palette: I just realized Matt looks like my psychologist! lol! xD How weird! I love that these are neutral colors and that they are matte. This is a good palette to have in your makeup collection. I will be using this palette often, I think. I did a blog post on this: http://beautydiversion.blogspot.com/2013/05/the-balm-meet-matte-nude-eyeshadow.html


9. Garnier Fructis Fortifying Shampoo in Fall Fight: This is supposed to help damaged hair, so you don't have falling, breaking hair. It has energizing caffeine, fortifying biotin, and fruit vitamins. I also have been using the conditioner, which I mentioned in another monthly favorites. You massage this into your scalp. My hair still breaks and falls out, so I don't know if this is working. But maybe I have less hair falling out and breaking. It smells really good and my hair looks good when I use this. If this doesn't work, I will have to start using Rogaine for Women, I think. I don't want to go bald! My dad is bald and sometimes I'm afraid that is what will happen to me, but my mom has beautiful hair, so hopefully I will have more of her genes. I just need to take care of my hair.


10. Vaseline Lip Therapy: This is such a cute tiny container compared to the large tub of Vaseline I am used to. I use this on chapped lips and it works really good.


11. Wet 'n Wild Color Icon Eye Shadow Single in Brûlée: This is a dupe for MAC's Brûlée. It is a matte, cream shade that matches my skin color. I like to use it as a brow highlight or in my tear duct.

Favorite Songs: It's really hard for me to list my favorite songs because I love music, and every day I hear songs that I like. I tried to keep a list this month of all the songs I was loving on the radio. Whenever I heard one I liked I wrote it down in a little notebook I keep in my car. This is the list of songs I came up with. They are all different genres of music. Some are old, some are new. If you haven't heard of one, you should look it up and listen to it. You might find a new song you like!

1. Stayin' Alive by Bee Gees
2. Firework by Katy Perry
3. Thy Word by Amy Grant
4. Danny's Song by Kenny Loggins
5. Stay by Rihanna
6. Your Smiling Face by James Taylor
7. The Boys of Summer by Don Henley
8. I Love It by Icona Pop
9. Total Eclipse of the Heart by Bonnie Tyler
10. Don't Go Breaking My Heart by Elton John and Kiki Dee
11. You're My Best Friend by Queen
12. Brown Eyed Girl by Van Morrison
13. Get Together by The Youngbloods
14. Wanted by Hunter Hayes
15. Edge of Seventeen by Stevie Nicks
16. Beauty and a Beat by Justin Bieber
17. Daylight by Maroon 5
18. The Other Side by Jason Derulo
19. Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing (I don't know who sang it. It was an updated version.)
20. Dreams by Fleetwood Mac
21. My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark (Light Em Up) by Fall Out Boy
22. Super Bass by Nicki Minaj
23. My Sharona by The Knack
24. Catch My Breath by Kelly Clarkson
25. Silly Love Songs by Wings
26. Draggin' the Line by Tommy James
27. The Heart of Worship by Matt Redman
28. Rhiannon by Fleetwood Mac
29. Steal My Show by tobyMac
30. Gravity by Shawn McDonald
31. Flood by Jars of Clay
32. Beautiful by Mariah Carey (feat. Miguel)
33. Heart Attack by Demi Lovato
34. One Thing Remains by Passion (feat. Kristian Stanfill)
35. Philadelphia Freedom by Elton John

So many songs! Phew! I told you I can't pick just one! Some of the songs I never heard before this month.

Those are my favorites! I hope you enjoyed! What were your favorites this month?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog! I love to get comments!