Thursday, May 23, 2013

Urban Decay Mariposa Palette Looks

This is the last palette I got in the Hautelook.com sale. It is the Urban Decay Mariposa Palette. Mariposa means butterfly in Spanish. Originally it costs $39, but I got it for only $19! Here's what it looks like:




It has the most beautiful eye shadows I own. Also, it comes with a little brush that is the perfect size for putting eyeshadow in the tearduct. I found only a few looks on Youtube using this palette. One of the people I subscribe to (and she subscribes to my blog), got this palette and asked her subbies what colors they wanted her to use in a look. I commented my choice, and I didn't think anything would come from it. But she did a look and said it was for me! I was so excited! So one of these looks was created just for me! It is by Gottalovemel105. So that was very sweet. I can't wait to try out the look.

These are the products I used for each look:
BB Cream: Physicians Formula Super BB Cream in light/medium
Powder: Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder in Translucent
Eye Primer: Milani Eye Shadow Primer
Mascara: Maybelline The Rocket Volum' Express Waterproof in Very Black (top lashes), Maybelline Lash Discovery Mini-Brush Waterproof in Very Black (bottom lashes)
Bronzer: MAC Studio Careblend Pressed Powder in Medium Deep
Concealer: Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Highlighting Concealer in Radiant
Face Primer: Pixi Flawless & Poreless Face Primer in Translucent
Foundation: Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place Makeup SPF 10 in Shell
Lip Balm: EOS Lip Balm in Strawberry
Black Liquid Liner: Jordana In Color Fabuliner Liquid Eye Liner in Black
Black Eye Liner: Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Zero
Black Gel Liner: Essence Gel Liner in Midnight In Paris

1. Urban Decay Mariposa Palette Tutorial by Gottalovemel105 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7KjwzNlB-E
a. MAC Soft Ochre Paint Pot: Milani Eye Shadow Primer
b. Wreckage, crease
c. Rockstar, lid
d. Skimp, highlight under brow
e. Lime Light, tearduct
f. Black Liquid Liner, upper lash line
g. Black eyeliner waterline: I forgot to do this step.
h. Maybelline Khaki Eye Liner, lower lash line: Pixiglow Straight On Til Morning Liner 2nd Star Twinkle
i. Urban Decay Darkhorse, lower lash line: right color in L'Oreal Hip Duo in Dynamic
j. Mascara
k. Benefit Coralista: Wet 'n Wild Mineral Blush in Barely Peach
l. Hard Candy Tiki highlight top of cheekbones, sides of eyes, nose, cupid's bow
m. EOS Lip Balm
n. MAC Snob Lipstick: Revlon Lipstick in Primrose
o. Elf Glassy Gloss in Pink Candy: Elf Luscious Liquid Lipstick in Pink Lemonade
My Thoughts: I love this look. It really goes with my coloring. I felt really pretty wearing this.

2. Candice Swanepoel Inspired Makeup Tutorial by SMLx0 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHPtXBbrmqA
a. Urban Decay Buck, crease: 3rd color in Wet 'n Wild Vanity
b. Urban Decay Mariposa Palette in Limelight, eyelid
c. Wreckage, crease
d. Skimp, under brow
e. Urban Decay Buck, crease, blend it out more so nice and even
f. Brown Gel Liner upper lash line, wing, lower lash line: Maybelline Eye Studio Gel Liner in Brown
g. Wreckage, outer 3/4 lower lash line
h. Limelight, inner 1/4 and Skimp
i. Mascara
j. Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in Natural Beauty: The Balm Stainiac in Beauty Queen
k. Bronzer, hollows of cheeks, nose
l. MAC Cream Cup Lipstick: Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick in Born With It
m. The Balm Mary-Lou Manizer over top of lips
My Thoughts: I like it. It's a smokey eye look. The Mary-Lou Manizer looks cool on the lips. It gives a pretty effect.

3. Twi-Chic Thursday Urban Decay "Mariposa" Palette Look 1 by twilightchic143 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdw4ijlBF48
a. MAC Painterly Paint Pot
b. Wreckage, eyelid
c. Infamous, outer crease
d. Skimp, browbone
e. Infamous, outer half of lower lash line
f. Black Liquid Liner, upper lash line
g. Urban Decay Liner in Asphyxia, liner where you put Infamous, bottom corner of lash line: Jesse's Girl Kohl Formula Eye Liner in Showtime
h. Black Eye Liner, waterline
i. Mascara
j. Bronzer, hollows of cheeks
k. Nars Orgasm Blush: Wet 'n Wild Pearlescent Pink
l. Lip Balm
m. NYX Lip Liner in Natural: L'Oreal Paris Colour Rich Lip Liner in All About Pink
n. NYX Lipstick in Dusty Rose: Revlon Colorburst Lipstick in Soft Rose
My Thoughts: I was curious how this would look with Infamous on because it's such a fuchsia pink. It looks good though. It's not too much. The lips are pretty.

4. Urban Decay Mariposa Palette Tutorial by MakeupMusing http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osGDwZliEt0
a. MAC Paint Pot in Morning Frost, eyelid: Revlon Illuminance Cream Eye Shadows in Not Just Nudes, 2nd color
b. Skimp, tearduct
c. Money, half way inner lower lash line
d. Money, first half of eye
e. Mushroom, outer half of eyelid, outer half of lower lash line
f. Gunmetal, very outer part of lower lash line
g. Gunmetal, wing, crease
h. Blend it out.
i. Dior Amber Diamond, browbone: Hard Candy So Baked Bronzer in Tiki
j. Mascara
k. MAC Something Special Cream Blush: NYX Rouge Cream Blush in Glow
l. MAC Alpha Girl Beauty Powder Blush: Bare Minerals Joyous Jennifer
m. Dior Amber Diamond, top of cheekbone, cupid's bow
n. Black Gel Liner, top lashes
o. Black Liquid Liner
p. MAC Costa Chic Lipstick: Wet 'n Wild Lipstick in Within These Adobe Walls
q. MAC Tour De Fabulous: Revlon Colorburst Lip Gloss in Bellini
My Thoughts: I don't normally wear grays on my eyes, so I wasn't sure about this look at first, but I think it does bring out my eyes and it looks good. I thought the cheeks were too dark, but I put powder over them, so be careful about that. The lips are my favorite peachy pink color. I don't know why she put liquid liner over gel liner. I skipped that step.

This is a great palette. It has a lot of dark colors. I think my favorite palette out of all the ones I got is the Urban Decay Deluxe Palette. I'm so happy to finally own Urban Decay shadows. I will probably use them to dupe future looks. If I do I will include a dupe of the Urban Decay shadow that is less expensive, if I know of one.

2 comments:

  1. Im so glad you enjoy the look so happy u recreated it to be your own . =) thanks for mention me in your blog you put a smile on my face doll have a wonderful memorial day weekend xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog! I love to get comments!