Saturday, October 26, 2013

October Empties

1. Hourglass Immaculate Liquid Powder Foundation Velvet Matte Finish in Ivory



I got this as a sample when I ordered online from Sephora. It comes with two samples for each foundation. For this foundation it didn't seem like anything remarkable. I wouldn't buy it. I think the color was a little too dark for me

2. Hourglass Veil Fluid Makeup Radiant Finish in Ivory: I like the way it feels going on. I like it, but I won't pay the money for the full size. It says it is good for all types of skin. I am combination. The other foundation was a tinted moisturizer and I haven't tried it because I need fuller coverage.

3. Downy Unstopables In-Wash Scent Booster in Shimmer


I heard about this in Samantha Schuerman's empty videos. She raves about the scent. I was so curious, I had to smell it when I was at Target. Sure enough it smells so lovely. I stocked up on this. I purchased the wrong one by accident. It is called, "Spring", and I don't know if I like that because I haven't tried it yet. It had a pink color, so I assumed it was Shimmer, but Shimmer is more of a light pink. When I was in Target again I got multiple Shimmers because I love it so much. You put it in the wash and it makes your clothes smell good.

4. MCMC Phoenix Perfume


I have a sample of this. It is sort of an odd smell in my opinion. I wouldn't purchase this. Let me look up the notes. On the Birchbox website it says, "The top note of vanilla quickly translates to a honeysuckle when it touches the skin. The lasting note is peach." Maybe I'm smelling the honeysuckle. I don't know why it just smells strange to me.

5. Coach Poppy Perfume


This is the red one. I like the way this smells. I don't think I would buy a full size one. The notes are cucumber flower petals, mandarin, baby freesia buds, jasmine, pink water lily, southern gardenia, rose petals, creme brulee accord, cedar wood, bleached sandalwood, vanilla, and whipped marshmallow. Sephora says it is "flirty, fashionable, and fun." It does smell fun to me. It has a good mixture of sweet and floral.

6. Jordana Best Lash Extreme Volumizing Mascara


I haven't used this for 3 months and I'm not out of it, but the formula has gone weird I think. I noticed my eye lashes are clumpy and I decided not to use this anymore and use one of my other mascaras that is working better. At first I did like this and I recommended it. I don't think I will repurchase this. People talk about loving this on Youtube a lot. But I don't recommend it anymore.

7. Revlon Colorstay Foundation for Normal/Dry Skin in 110 Ivory


I love this for when my skin is dry. I have combination skin, so my skin changes. I repurchased this.

8. Becca Ever-Matte Poreless Priming Perfector


I got a deluxe sample of this when I purchased items on Sephora's website. This is a really good primer. I liked it, and I used it a bunch of times. I won't repurchase this because it isn't drugstore price, and I have face primers I still need to finish. When I buy a face primer it will be one from the drugstore.

9. L.A. Colors Nail Polish Remover Pads


I got this a while ago at the Dollar Store. It smells just like peaches. It feels like it moisturizes my nails while removing the polish. I really like these. I got another one in melon. They aren't at my Dollar Store anymore, so I don't know where I would get these again. I would repurchase them and recommend them. It's too bad I don't know where to find them. They used to sell L.A. Colors makeup at my Fred Meyers, but they don't anymore. Maybe I could get them online. I have other nail polish removers that I can still use, so I won't be repurchasing these for awhile, if I do repurchase them. They don't get off hard to remove nail polish very well.

10. Viva La Juicy La Fleur Perfume


I had a sample of this. I'm sad it's gone. I love Juicy Couture scents. They are fruity, floral, and sweet smelling. It just makes me happy to smell them. I would say these are my favorite types of perfume. Sephora says the notes are wild berries, mandarin, honeysuckle, gardenia petals, soft jasmine, vanilla, caramel, and sandalwood. They say the style is "sheer, modern, and addictive." I don't know about it smelling sheer and modern, but I do think it is addictive. I still have other Juicy Couture perfumes, so I won't purchase the full size one. But when I run out of them all, I will repurchase from this brand, if not La Fleur.

I hope you enjoy my reviews and found them helpful!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog! I love to get comments!