Friday, May 23, 2014

Review & How-To of The Real Techniques Complexion Sponge



The Real Techniques Complexion Sponge vs. The Beauty Blender

I have owned both. I gave the Beauty Blender to my mom. I wanted to get The Real Techniques Complexion Sponge because I heard it was a dupe. I think it is, and I think it is even better than the Beauty Blender!

It is better than the Beauty Blender because it has the flat angle and it is cheaper. The Beauty Blender costs $19.95, and you can get it at Sephora. The Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge costs $6. Also, for some reason, the Beauty Blender gets stained very easily. The Beauty Blender is shaped more like an egg. It doesn't have as many angles as the Real Techniques Sponge.

How to Use The Real Techniques Sponge

I found a really good tutorial on how to use it here: http://realtechniques.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=92&catid=4

1. Get it wet and squeeze out the excess.

2. Put foundation on the back of your hand and use the flat side of the sponge. Blend it all over the skin for a light coverage. If you want a heavier coverage, bounce the sponge.

3. The flat side lets you get right under the eyes and corners of the nose.

4. The pointy end is good if you want to cover blemishes. You put concealer on the back of your hand and dab on the spot.

5. Use the flat end with concealer to bounce lightly under the eyes. Turn it horizontally to use the rounded edge and bounce under the eye to push the concealer in.

6. You can use it to apply cream blush. Use the rounded side and push into the skin.

7. You can use it with powder. Push it into the powder. Make sure it isn't the side where you put the blush. Blot where you put powder. Some put it just in the t-zone. I put it everywhere except the blush.

8. Once you used it it is really easy to clean with baby shampoo!

I followed these steps, and I got a flawless, beautiful face! I was amazed. No wonder people keep talking about using sponges!

These are the products I used:

1. Foundation: Revlon Colorstay Makeup for Normal/Dry Skin in 110 Ivory

2. Concealer: Maybelline Dream Lumi Touche Highlighting Concealer in Ivory

3. Cream Blush: NYX Rouge Cream Blush in Glow

4. Powder: Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder in 001 Transparent

5. Baby Shampoo Walgreens Brand

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog! I love to get comments!