Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder Dupes!


I feel like I've been on a duping frenzy! I keep getting ideas for new dupe posts. I always keep track of dupes I find, but I don't always post them. A dupe is slang for duplicate. It is a product that is similar to another product, and hopefully it is cheaper. I don't know how close my dupes really are because I don't own any Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powders. They cost $35. You can find them here: Sephora. There is also a palette that comes with three powders and it includes "Incandescent Light." Temptalia did a review on it on her blog: http://www.temptalia.com/hourglass-ambient-lighting-palette-review-photos-swatches.

This isn't all the Ambient Powders. These are just the ones I have seen people use a lot and I have duped.

1. Diffused Light: Sephora describes this as "soft, warm pale yellow powder." My dupe is a cream product, Benefit's Watt's Up!

2. Dim Light: "neutral peach beige powder" My dupe is Wet 'n Wild Brûlée. This is bizarre because Wet 'n Wild Brûlée is only $1.99 at drugstores! It is an eye shadow, but I used it to dupe Dim Light!

3. Incandescent Light: "pearlescent powder" My dupe is I think dead on. Physicians Formula Mineral Glow Pearls in Translucent Pearl.

4. Luminous Light: "champagne pearl powder" My dupe is Elf Blush in Gotta Glow.

5. Radiant Light: "golden beige powder" My dupe is Wet 'n Wild Color Icon Bronzer in Reserve Your Cabana. People always wonder why this is considered a bronzer because it looks like pale powder, but one time I tried to use it all over my face as a powder and it was darker than my skin color! So I think it is kind of a joke. It is for people as pale as me who need to "reserve their cabana" because they are going to get a sunburn if they don't!

Those are the dupes I found. I hope you find this helpful if you don't to pay the extra money! Highlighters have been really popular it seems this last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog! I love to get comments!