Friday, May 30, 2014

May Favorites!

Favorite Movies


1. Heaven Is For Real: This is based on a true story about a little boy who said he went to heaven when he was having a serious operation and might have died. This is a drama. I usually don't like movies like this because I don't want to cry. Sometimes I feel like movies try to manipulate your emotions to get you to cry, and I don't appreciate that. I didn't cry in this movie, but be warned it might make you cry. Nobody believes the little boy. But he knows things that how could a four year old boy know? I don't want to give anything away. It is just a really good movie. I will see it again when it is available to rent. Greg Kinnear does an amazing job as the father. There is some great acting in this. And the little boy is so cute!


2. Blended: This is a romantic/comedy. This is perfect for a date. I thought it was really funny. I heard it didn't get good reviews, but normally Adam Sandler movies don't get good reviews. I love Adam Sandler and Drew Barrymore. I like the other two movies they were in together. It starts off where they are on a blind date and it goes horrible wrong. Then somehow they both end up at a family vacation in Africa together with their children. There are a lot of funny characters. I thought it was a sweet movie.

Nail Favorites


1. Essie Nail Lacquer in Fashion Playground: I wore this color a lot this month. I just love the minty green color on the nails for some reason. 


These are two different nail polishes, but they look very similar. The middle finger is lighter and it is limited edition. The one on the right is permanent and is a little darker.


2. Essie Nail Lacquer in Turquoise & Caicos: This may be a dupe for the Fashion Playground. You don't need both colors. The Turquoise & Caicos polish is a better quality nail polish. It isn't as streaky as Fashion Playground.


3. Beauty Secrets Non-Acetone Nail Polish Remover: You can't tell from the picture because it is laying side ways, but this is half way gone. I went to Sally's Beauty Supply Store, and asked what would be a good nail polish remover that wasn't hard on the nails, and they recommended one with out Acetone. Acetone is good to remove glitter nail polish, but if you are wearing regular polish it is good to use a non-acetone remover. 

Hair Favorite


Aussie Catch the Wave Mousse + Leave-In Conditioner: This is a flexible hold. You put this in your hair when it is wet and scrunch the hair. If you have wavy hair like me, it will help make your hair wavy and leave it that way. I think this does a good job. This will get you beachy hair. I like to use a clipless wand and curl the hair when it is dry to add to the curly effect. 

Skin Favorites


1. Freeman Facial Exfoliating Scrub Pink Grapefruit: I mentioned this in my May Empties post. I used a sample of this and I loved it. I couldn't find it in the stores, so I had to buy it online, but it was inexpensive. It has tiny beads to exfoliate, so it works really well, and I love the smell of Pink Grapefruit! This is very refreshing. I use it once a week to exfoliate my face.


2. Tree Hut Shea Sugar Body Scrub in Coconut and Lime: I heard that this was Elle Fowler's favorite body scrub. It smells very tropical and refreshing. I used this once a week to exfoliate my body. My skin feels so smooth! This didn't last very long. I would repurchase a scrub from Tree Hut. I ordered this from Ulta I think, but I saw you can buy Tree Hut from Fred Meyers. This is a good quality scrub.

Beauty Favorites




1. Hard Candy Blush Crush Baked Blush in Honeymoon: I mixed this with Wet 'n Wild Pearlescent Pink, which is a pigmented peachy-pink color. This adds a pink glow to it and it looks so pretty on the face. I liked this so much I used it several times, and I normally change my blush pretty often. Wet 'n Wild Pearlescent Pink is a dupe for NARS Orgasm and Hard Candy Honeymoon is a dupe for MAC's Shy Beauty Beauty Powder. 



2. Benefit High Beam: This is a really pretty highlighter. I got a little sample size I think from my Benefit Advent Calendar. It isn't glittery, it just gives a natural glow to the face.



3. L'Oreal Colour Riche Eye Shadow in 839 Cupa Joe: This isn't very pigmented, but sometimes you don't really want the eyeshadows to be very pigmented on the eyes. This is a nice neutral palette.



4. NYX Butter Gloss in Maple Blondie: This is a really pretty coral lip gloss. It is very pigmented. It smells like cupcakes.




5. Pacifica Solar Complete Mineral Palette: I think this is a nice beach palette. It has 3 highlighters at the top. On the left is a blush and the right is a bronzer. Then there are six eyeshadows. It is an all natural palette. I ordered it off of Pacifica's website. The colors are really pretty.




6. Sephora Disney Storylook Ariel Palette: I really love my Sephora Cinderella palette, so I decided to get the Ariel and Jasmine palettes off of E-Bay. The Jasmine palette hasn't arrived yet. The Ariel palette has really great quality eyeshadows. And I like the Disney movies. I think the packaging is beautiful.



7. Revlon Super Lustrous Lip Gloss in Peach Petal: I don't think they make this anymore. This is a really pretty nude lip gloss. It is a dupe for NARS Turkish Delight.

Favorite Songs

Christian Songs
1. Broken Hallelujah by The Afters
2. Cry Out to Jesus by Third Day
3. I Can Only Imagine by MercyMe
4. Oceans by United
5. Overcomer by Mandisa
6. Every Good Thing by The Afters

Pop Songs
1. Burn by Ellie Goulding
2. Classic by MKTO
3. Diamonds by Rhianna
4. Empire by Shakira

Church Songs
1. Cannons by Phil Wickham
2. Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing
3. Hope of All Hearts by Planetshakers
4. Oh Happy Day
5. Once Again by Matt Redman
6. Revelation by Kari Jobe

Country Songs
1. Little Bitty by Alan Jackson
2. Mississippi Girl by Faith Hill

I hope you enjoyed my favorites! What was your favorite thing this month?































No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog! I love to get comments!