Saturday, September 10, 2011

Birchbox September 2011

I was so excited my Birchbox arrived today!




You receive a little package in the mail every month with samples. Every box has it's own theme. The theme for this one was to thank the subscribers for one year of Birchbox. I think it is the anniversary. Everyone gets something different in their box, based on a little survey you fill out when you first subscribe.

1. Starting at the top, I got a friendship bracelet. It has the cute little Birchbox logo on it and a pink yarn.

2. Then, going from left to right. I have Pangea Organics Facial Cream for Normal to Combination Skin. It has Nigerian ginger with lavender & tyme. I'll try this tonight and add how I like it later. So I tried this on and it smells like soil. I put it on my face after cleansing and my face didn't feel moisturized. I waited for it to "work", but it still felt dry so I put on my regular moisturizer over it. I don't like this cream at all. I gave this to my mom and she loves it. She said she put it on in the evening and the next morning her face felt wonderful.

3. Next, is Jouer Lip Enhancer. It is a lip balm that is supposed to hydrate, plump, and condition your lips. It feels good.

4. The next item is called, "Liv Grn Earth Eau de Parfum." Ten percent of sales go directly to Global Green, an environmental non-profit. It smells amazing. It isn't too harsh. The scent has jasmine and sandalwood.

5. Lastly, Incoco Nail Polish Applique. These are so much fun. These are like my Sally Hansen Strips. I already used my cheetah print nail polish strips, so these can replace those. These ones have cheetah print and they are gold, magenta, and black. Sort of tacky maybe, but lately I've been wearing pretty tacky looking nails for some reason.

To be honest I haven't gotten anything in a Birchbox yet that has really "wowed" me. I do like to try different products and see if I like them or not. This has been my third Birchbox. My favorite thing about them is just getting something cool in the mail. Also these products are expensive things that I normally would not buy. Like, the Pangea is normally $36. I wouldn't spend that much for a face cream. It is fun to have expensive samples.

Do you get Birchbox? What did you get in your Birchbox this month? Or do you get something similar to it that comes in the mail with samples? What is your favorite thing to get in the mail?



1 comment:

Thank you for commenting on my blog! I love to get comments!