Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Face of the Day: DivaMakeupQueen Style

Today I wore a look based off Divamakeupqueen's Back 2 School Tutorial. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5OSxjFifUl8. Her look is using the Maybelline Chai Latte Quad. I don't have that quad, but I found some dupes as usual. This look turned out really pretty and perfect for this beautiful fall day. It was a teacher work day, so I wore this during the staff meeting and I felt very professional and appropriate for work.

This quad also has dupes for several Mac colors. And I have the dupes for the Mac colors so this is how I came up with my copy version.

1. She put on eye primer. I used Too Faced Shadow Insurance.

2. She used the crease color on the inner half of her eyelid. The Mac dupe for this is Tempting. I used the crease color from Wet 'n Wild Walking on Eggshells.

3. She used the outer corner color on the outer half of her eyelid. The Mac dupe is Burn. I don't have a dupe for this, but I thought Wet 'n Wild Color Icon Palette in Vanity's 3rd color looked similar.

4. She used the lid color in the crease. The Mac dupe is Wedge. My dupe is the 2nd shade in Wet 'n Wild Color Icon Palette in Vanity.

5. She used the brow bone color on her brow bone and tearduct. The Mac dupe is Brule. I used the 1st shade in Wet 'n Wild Color Icon Palette in Vanity.

6. Next, she used the crease color on the inner half of her lower lash line. The Mac dupe for this is Tempting. I used the crease color from Wet 'n Wild Walking on Eggshells.

7. Then, she used the outer corner color on the outer half of her lower lash line. The Mac dupe is Burn. I don't have a dupe for this, but I thought Wet 'n Wild Color Icon Palette in Vanity's 3rd color looked similar.

8. She used a brown eyeliner in her waterline, tightline, and upper lash line. I don't think I look good with eyeliner in my waterline, so I just put a brown liner on my upper lash line. I used Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips Custom Eye Enhancing Trio for Hazel eyes in the taupe color.

9. She put on mascara. I currently am loving L'Oreal Voluminous Waterproof Mascara in Black Brown.

10. Then, she used e.l.f. Mineral Moisturizing Lip Tint in Blush. This is a pink lipgloss that I think looks similar to e.l.f. Luscious Liquid Lipstick in Pink Lemonade.

11. For blush she used a light pink blush in e.l.f. beauty school blush and bronzer the first shade. I used a pink blush that I owned called Physicians Formula Happy Booster Glow & Mood Boosting Blush in Natural.

12. Finally, she used e.l.f. Radiance Enhancer in Sunrise to highlight the top of her cheekbones. I used Wet 'n Wild Everything Under the Sun Bronzer with a fan brush.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog! I love to get comments!