Monday, September 12, 2011

Face of the Day: Pixi2woo Style

Today is a Monday and I'm back to work at the elementary school. I'm wearing casual clothes, and it is supposed to be as high as 83 degrees, which is very nice in my opinion. For my makeup I copied Pixi2woo's newest Back to School Makeup Tutorial http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6olDXsIUCwQ This look is very fresh and pretty. A good look for school and sunny weather. I didn't have all the products she had, but I duped the ones I didn't have.

For foundation, concealer, powder, and eyebrows, I feel like it's already a given to use whatever products that you normally use unless you want to buy exactly what she has.

For her eyes she used Sleek Storm Palette which is not available in the U.S. so I found what colors I had to use. Also she used the Mac 217 brush, but I have the dupe which is the Loew-Cornell 1/4 amm mini mop (green handle) art brush I found at Michael's.

1. I put Milani Drenched in Gold across the lid.

2. With my little finger I used Covergirl Shimmer Sands Trio, the third color and popped it on my tear duct area.

3. I used Maybelline Eye Studio Quad in Taupe Temptress, second color in my outer corner and through the socket for a tiny bit of definition. Some people would call this the "outer v."

4. She used a mascara for lengthening so I used my Covergirl Lengthening Mascara.

5. For blush she used Rimmel Spring Flower 001. This looks like a pink color, so I used my Wet 'n Wild  Pearlescent Pink Blush. I love how she applied the blush. She smiled and dusted the brush across her cheek leaning more so that she wasn't too close to her nose and blended outward onto the cheekbones. She said if you put on too much blush just use whatever is left on your foundation brush to blend it out and make it look more natural.

6. For the lip gloss she used Revlon Colorburst Lip Gloss in Peony, which I have and love. I also put on Soft Lips SPF 20 lip balm underneath.

I really want to wear shoes to show off my "toes of the week" (jean nails), but I know it's not practical since I'm going to be on my feet a lot at work so I should probably wear tennis shoes.

What is your face of the day? What youtube beauty guru do you like to watch or copy their tutorials? I used to just watch, but it is fun to try to copy and you learn a lot about makeup.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog! I love to get comments!