Sunday, September 18, 2011

Face of the Day: Fleur De Force Style

Today I am getting ready to go to church. I have been copying looks on Youtube that are labeled "Back to School." These are good looks to copy because usually they are very easy and look pretty natural. Today I copied Fleur De Force's back to school look she posted a year ago: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_98qJK-DvhY. It is supposed to be all affordable brands. She is mainly using e.l.f.'s Ethereal Quad. This drives me mad because I've looked everywhere for this quad, and I can never find it. Maybe you have that problem too? There are lot of great Youtube tutorials with this quad, so I decided to dupe it using e.l.f. shadows that I do have. Maybe this will be helpful for someone.

She used cheap products for bronzer, a tinted moisturizer, concealer, and powder. I used what I normally use for that.

1. First, she used the white shade in e.l.f.'s Ethereal Quad in the inner corners of her eye. This is a white, glittery shade. I used the first shade in e.l.f.'s Beauty Eye Manual Bright Eye Edition.

2. Then, she used from the same quad the peach glittery shade. There is a peach glittery shade in e.l.f.'s Butternut quad that looks similar to me. It is the second color. Put that shade all over your lid.

3. After that she used the darkest color in the quad along her lash line and outer corner of eye and blended it out. This looks like a plum shade to me. There is a beautiful plum shade in e.l.f.'s Day 2 Night quad, again the second shade.

4. She then put an eyeliner in her waterline. I skip this step because I think this makes my eyes look smaller. Instead I put the same shade as step 3 on my lower lash line.

5. Then she put on mascara.

6. For blush she used e.l.f. Contouring Blush & Bronzer Powder on the apples of her cheeks. I have this so I did it too. This is a really pretty, peachy pink color that looks like a natural flush on my skin.

7. For her lips she wore e.l.f. Plumping Lip Glaze in Peach Passion. I don't have this, but I do have a plumping lip gloss by Bare Escentuals Buxom Lips called Amber. It has a neat minty, tingly feeling to it. It's one of my favorite lip glosses. It is more on the expensive side though.

Overall, the look turned out very pretty and casual. This would be a good look for school.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog! I love to get comments!