Monday, August 6, 2012

Beach Makeup

I just came back from Cannon Beach, Oregon. It was so beautiful. Here are some pictures:


This is Haystack Rock. There are tons of little rocks around it and tide pools. This is my favorite beach to go to.


I love going to the beach. The sound of the waves is so relaxing.


Here is one of the tide pools. There were so many starfish! I haven't seen so many before. They were lying on the sand too! Tons of them and lots of different colors too.

I had a list of beach makeup tutorials from youtube that I brought with me to try out. I only had three that I ended up really liking. I wanted to share them with you. I put the name and a link to the video, who did it, what makeup they used, and what makeup I used. Sometimes I used the same thing. These are also good looks to wear in hot weather in general. It is really hot in Oregon right now, so I've been still wearing my beach makeup looks.

1. Beach/Pool Makeup by xteeener http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hk3lmGy7jsw
a. Eye Primer: I used Too Faced Shadow Insurance.
b. Eye Liner only upper lashes: I used Prestige Waterproof Automatic Eyeliner in Sepia.
c. Covergirl Eye Enhancers in Shimmering Sands, middle shade on eyelid
d. Mascara only to top lashes: Maybelline One By One Volume' Express Waterproof
e. Soft Lips has SPF
My Thoughts: It is natural, but it brings out my eyes.

2. Beach Make-Up - Brights by lisaeldridgedotcom http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGRVgTcSBaU
a. Sunblock: I used Neutrogena Ultimate Sport Sunblock Lotion SPF 70+.
b. Concealer: I used Garnier Skin Renew Anti-Dark-Circle Roller in the lightest shade. You can use whatever concealer works best for you.
c. Blotting Paper instead of Powder: I used powder because it works best for me. Bare Minerals Mineral Veil
d. Waterproof Eyeliner on top lashes: Again I used Prestige Waterproof Automatic Eyeliner in Sepia.
e. Waterproof Mascara: Same as above tutorial.
f. Cheek Tint on Cheeks and Lips Pixi Succulent Lip Twin in Poppy Red: I couldn't find this in the store. I got Pixi Succulent Lip Twin in Coral Camelia which is very pretty.
My Thoughts: This is like the last look except better because it adds natural color to my cheeks and lips.

Beach Day Look (from start to finish) Get Ready With Me TAG from ThatsHeart http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoJIGKdWIR8
a. Sunblock
b. Lip Balm with SPF
c. BB Cream: L'Oreal Magic Skin Beautifier B.B. Cream in Fair
d. Powder
e. Mascara
f. Benefit Posie Tint for Lips and Cheeks: I don't have this so I used what I had that was a soft, peony pink. PixiGlow Magic Think Tint in Happy Thoughts Pink for my lips and NYX Rouge Cream Blush in Natural for my cheeks.
g. Bronzer lightly dust on face: Mac Studio Careblend Pressed Powder in Medium Deep
h. Finishing Spray: Elf Makeup Mist & Set
My Thoughts: It's natural and pretty.

Overall, I like the looks that have sunblock on face and lips. The Covergirl Shimmering Sands is a great way to wear eyeshadow without looking silly, like you have too much makeup on. I also really like the Prestige liner. It is good to wear waterproof liner and mascara. Also, wearing a stain on the lips and cheeks is good so it will last. With these looks I never looked like I had on too much makeup. I just looked nice and fit for the beach.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog! I love to get comments!