Monday, December 24, 2012

Christmas Eve OOTD: Opposities Attract

I haven't done one of these for over a year! My one I did in September 2011 was about complementary colors. It was also for church and casual, like I'm doing for today. My eyes are not the focus of my makeup, I have no blush on, and my lips are the main thing. I have red lip liner and plum lipstick. The lip liner is Rimmel Lasting Finish 1000 Kisses Stay On Lip Contouring Pencil in Red Dynamite. My lipstick is Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter in Sugar Plum.

I'm not exactly sure where I heard this tip from. I think it might be from the Makeup Geek website. It's about not matching your makeup to your tops. If you wear a teal top let's say, then wear orange on your makeup because orange is the opposite of teal.

These are the opposite colors:

Black = purples, teals, greens
Red = green
Red Violet = yellow green
Violet = yellow
Blue Violet = yellow orange
Blue = orange
Blue Green = red orange

If you are wearing black, brown, or another neutral than go with a brighter color for the eyes or lips for that pop.

If you aren't sure go with golds because it's a neutral, but not flat like a brown.

Since my lips are a red violet/plum color, I'm wearing a long sleaved yellow-green t-shirt with a matching hoodie to wear over it. It's really cold outside. I'm going to wear jeans and black tennis shoes.

I hope everyone has Happy Holidays and/or a Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog! I love to get comments!