Thursday, December 13, 2012

December Birchbox



This is what the card says, "Hi there, We believe that great (scratch that - amazing, exciting, and delightful) things come in small packages. And it doesn't hurt if they are nicely wrapped too! Every month, we fill your Birchboxes with samples that we think you'll love - and in this most festive of months we've gone a step further and dressed up the box as well. Since we know you have a full holiday dance card, we've included products that will help you look and feel your best. Nothing to wear? We're sharing a generous offer from Rent the Runway, the best way to snag designer outfits without breaking the bank. The celebration continues online, where we have videos on creative gift wrapping - including ways to upcycle your old Birchboxes! - and a non-disco ball way to go sparkly for New Year's Eve. Plus, you'll find three deceptively simple party hairstyles and tips on kickstarting skincare resolutions. Happy Holidays!"


1. Thymes Naia Body Lotion: "Lemon pulp and yerba mate extract give this lightweight moisturizer its delightful, energizing scent. For an instant pick-me-up, smooth it on after your morning shower." It just seems like a regular, nice smelling lotion to me. Nothing to be excited about.

2. Thymes Lotus Santal Body Lotion: "We love this shea-enriched hydrator for its calming woodsy scent and truly non-greasy feel. Smooth it on post-shower while skin is slightly damp." I haven't tried this yet. I'm sure it's just like any other lotion.


3. Kerastase Nutritive Nectar Thermique - Protect: "Work this leave-in cream through towel-dried hair to repair damage from chemical processing and protect your strands from the effects of heat styling." I haven't tried this yet. I have other products that do this. I'm sure it works fine.


4. Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Repair CC Cream: "This brand new CC (read: color control) is the ultimate multi-tasker. The lightweight cream naturally improves skin tone with vitamin C and grape-derived resveratrol." I have heard that there are CC creams, like BB creams. I think I'm going to give this to a friend.



5. ModelCo SHINE Ultra Lip Gloss: "This Australian brand's winning gloss coats lips with subtle color. Plus, the built-in mirror allows for easy on-the-go application." This is just a regular lip gloss in my opinion.

Overall, I'm not that excited about Birchbox anymore. I think I'm going to give this box for a friend who will like it more than me. I think IPSY bags have gotten better, and I like to see what is in it more than Birchbox.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog! I love to get comments!