I get so excited when Too Faced comes out with a new collection! I love to see if I can find dupes and I like to try to copy the how-to cards. If you want to see the collection on the Too Faced website go here: https://www.toofaced.com/p-1326-boudoir-eyes-shadow-collection.aspx? I found a good review of it on this blog: http://iamthemakeupjunkie.blogspot.com/2012/12/review-too-faced-boudoir-beauty-spring.html
Some of the eyeshadows I already have found dupes for because they've been in other Too Faced collections. The new ones I tried to copy with my own makeup.
1. Fuzzy Handcuffs (new): matte medium pink, Almay Intense I Color for Hazel Eyes, pink color
2. Voulez-vous (new): shimmery violet eggplant, NYC Individual Eyes Union Square, 4th color
3. Garter Belt (new): matte taupe gray, Maybelline Color Tattoo in Tough as Taupe
4. Sugar Walls (new): glittery, shimmery mauve, Too Faced The Return of Sexy Palette in Icon
5. French Tickler (new): glittery gold black, Sephora Cinderella Palette in Cinders
6. In the Buff: Mac Bisque, Wet 'n Wild Vanity Palette, 1st color
7. Satin Sheets: Mac All That Glitters, Wet 'n Wild Greed Palette, 5th color
8. Birthday Suit: Wet 'n Wild Vanity Palette, 2nd color
9. Lap Dance: Physicians Formula Hazel Eye Candy, 3rd and 4th color mixed
These are the looks that the cards tell how to do. I will do each look with my dupes and say how I like the looks.
1. Sweep In the Buff from lash to brow.
2. Press Fuzzy Handcuffs on to the eyelids.
3. Blend Voulez-Vous into the crease and outer lash line.
My Thoughts: The In the Buff color is just a natural base. The pink of the lid goes well with the eggplant of the crease. The NYC color is very pigmented. The colors look good on hazel eyes.
1. Apply Satin Sheets from lash to brow.
2. Sweep Sugar Walls onto lid, crease, and around tear duct.
3. Smoke upper and lower lash lines with Garter Belt.
My Thoughts: This is really pretty. I have never used Tough As Taupe as a liner before, but it works well. I think both looks so far look good on hazel eyes. They are the colors that typically look good on hazel eyes. I have hazel eyes and I have several things that are supposed to be good for hazel eyes. Not that other eye colors wouldn't look good with this palette. I'm just speaking about hazel eyes because I have them and I noticed the colors are similar to ones I've seen before. I like this look, but I don't like Sugar Walls around the tear duct. The color is too dark. At least the one I used was.
1. Sweep Birthday Suit from crease to brow.
2. Blend Lap Dance into crease and onto lid.
3. Apply French Tickler to upper lash line and extend outward, then blend into lower lash line.
My Thoughts: I like it. It looks like a smoky eye look. With black liner and the Lap Dance color is from another hazel eye palette I have.