Thursday, November 28, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving Makeup Look!


I hope you all have a really great Thanksgiving. I'm happy to see my relatives and eat good food. I also think it's good to reminded to be thankful and keep a positive mindset. I wish there could be more Thanksgiving days sprinkled throughout the year, not just one.

I noticed this year, I can't remember what I thought last year, but this year I noticed a lot of people on Youtube that I subscribe to doing Thanksgiving looks. There were a lot of good ones, but I think I can only do one for Thanksgiving. Which one should I choose? I'm actually thinking to do all of them throughout December because they are usually warm toned holiday looks. I like them better than a lot of the Christmas looks. They just look better on me. Maybe I should do a blog post on all the Thanksgiving looks that I like, but that will have to be in December, which may be kind of odd to do Thanksgiving looks in December. xD Anyway, this is the look I picked and I love. I'm wearing this look for Thanksgiving. It's by Samantha, SMLx0, and she has really different coloring than me, but this look still looked good on me and her. It's weird. She has dark brown hair and tan skin with blue eyes. I have pale skin, freckles, red hair, and hazel eyes. I'm not exactly sure why this look looks good on both of us, it just does. She used the Lorac Pro Palette, which I duped, but a lot of the stuff she used I have. It is from the drugstore. I hope you like it! And who cares if it isn't Thanksgiving, wear it in December!

This is the makeup I used that is not mentioned in the tutorial:

Concealer: Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Highlighting Concealer in Ivory
Eye Shadow Primer: Milani Eyeshadow Primer (this is essential for me)
Mascara: Covergirl Lash Perfection in Very Black (top lashes)
Black Liquid Liner: Jordana Incolor Fabuliner Liquid Eye Liner in Black
Face Primer: Pixi Flawless & Poreless Face Primer in Translucent
Foundation: L'Oreal Visible Lift Foundation in Soft Ivory (my skin has been really dry)
Powder: Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder in Translucent
Eyebrows: Milani Brow Fix Brow Kit in Light

Thanksgiving GLAM Makeup Tutorial by SMLx0 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXDGmedZBOM
a. Maybelline Color Tattoo in Pomegranate Punk, lid and lower lash line
b. Lorac Pro Palette, Taupe, crease: The Balm Meet Matt(e) Nude in Matt Abdul
c. Same Palette, Sable, crease: Wet 'n Wild Vanity, 6th color
d. Same Palette, Espresso, outer v: Maybelline Sunbaked Neutrals, 5th shade
e. Same Palette, Cream, under brow: Wet 'n Wild Vanity, 1st color
f. Concealer, clean up under eye, see video
g. Maybelline Color Tattoo Pigment in Improper Copper, pat all over eyelid, lower lash line, pat don't swipe it to avoid fall out
h. Blend it out in the crease so no harsh lines.
i. NYX Glam Liner Aqua Luxe in Glam Nude, lower lash line: LA Splash Liquid Eyeliner in Golden Abalone
j. Black liquid liner, top lash line, no wing
k. Tarte Smolder Eye Liner in Brown (chubby pencil), waterline: Milani Shadow Eyez in Espresso Line
l. Mascara
m. Jordana Lip Liner in Tawny
n. Victoria Secret Lipstick in Melt: Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick in Paradises
My Thoughts: Watch the video to see how she cleans up her eye with concealer. That is a great trick! I used Maybelline Dream Lumi Concealer in Ivory and a Real Techniques Deluxe Crease Brush. It worked really nicely. This look is so pretty! This is one of my favorite holiday looks so far. The eyes and lips stand out, but it doesn't look 90's or like I'm wearing too much makeup. There is no blush color. I'm not sure if she wore blush, but I'm not because then it might look like I'm wearing too much makeup. The eyes are cranberry, brown, and gold glitter. The gold glitter may be a little over the top, but I think it is fun and I'm curious to see what my relatives will say about it. xD The lips are so pretty and really fit my coloring. It looks like my lips but better, the lip liner and the lipstick. I've been hearing people talk about Tawny for a long time, and finally I decided to get it. It was only $1 at Walgreens. It is a lip liner color I don't have. It is a "my lips but better" lip liner for my lip coloring. The lipstick is the same. It is beautiful. I had trouble finding the lipstick at first, but I found it at Fred Meyers. They have a bigger collection of Rimmel makeup. The Improper Copper pigment is beautiful! It is my first Maybelline pigment. I'm really impressed. I may need to get more of them.

I hope you guys have a fun Thanksgiving! Remember to count your blessings!

“Lord, behold our family here assembled. We thank You for this place in which we dwell, for the love accorded us this day, for the hope with which we expect the morrow; for the health, the work, the food and the bright skies that make our lives delightful; for our friends in all parts of the earth. Give us courage and gaiety and the quiet mind. Spare us to our friends, soften us to our enemies. Bless us, if it may be, in all our innocent endeavors; if it may not, give us strength to endure that which is to come that we may be brave in peril, constant in tribulation, temperate in wrath and in all changes of fortune and down to the gates of death, loyal and loving to one another. We beseech of you this help and mercy for Christ's sake.”  by Robert Louis Stevenson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog! I love to get comments!