Saturday, November 30, 2013

November Favorites

Favorite Movie



Hunger Games: Catching Fire: I read the trilogy and I loved it. I read it so fast, it was so exciting! My 13 year old cousin had to read the first one for her class, and she got into the trilogy too, so we were both excited to see this movie. I took her to see it as a birthday present. We both loved it better than the first movie. Paige mentioned it was by a different director, so maybe that had something to do with it. This movie is what every great movie has: excitement, special effects, good acting, great music, beautiful clothes and makeup, a love story, and a great story of course. This movie tried to make me cry, but I refused. It has been awhile since I read the book, so I couldn't remember what was going to happen next or who was to be trusted. It was like reading the book all over again. I absolutely loved it! I can't wait for the third one to come out. Is it going to be 4 movies? I forget. This story has a great message. I love it when people stand up for what is right and they are courageous. Also, in one of the previews they showed the preview to Divergent, which is another book I read and I put it on a monthly favorite. I'm so excited to see that! Paige hasn't read those books, so I loaned them to her on Thanksgiving. I would see this movie again. I liked it so much. I think Jennifer Lawrence is an amazing actress. She is definitely a movie star.

Favorite TV Shows



1. American Horror Story: Coven: There were a lot of pictures for this show, but I didn't want to show anything too scary. xD This TV show is rated M for mature. It has nudity, sex, drugs, violence, and horror. It isn't for everyone. I think it is so good! It has great direction and great actors. Jessica Lange plays the head witch. Kathy Bates is an immortal racist who was buried alive but now has been dug up, Angela Bassett is the head voodoo witch. This show is so shocking. I don't know where to even begin. Every episode shocks me more. It all starts out with a girl finding out that she is witch, and so she goes to a boarding school for witches. There are scenes from the past, and it all takes place in New Orleans. There are the voodoo witches and they are against the witches descended from the Salem witches. There was a peace between them, but that has ended. This show has zombies and ghosts. It is fascinating to me. I've never seen anything like this on television. This is like a movie.


2. Vanderpump Rules: This is the second season of a spin off show from The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills. I've already talked about how I like to watch those shows. Lisa Vanderpump is one of the housewives and she owns several bars in Beverly Hills. There is a lot of drama that goes on among the waitresses and bartenders of one of the bars. That is what this show is about. It is a reality TV show.   I don't like all the people on the show. There is like a mean girl clique and relationship drama. Everyone on the show is gorgeous. It is sort of like a soap opera, but for some reason I'm into it.


3. Grimm: I love this show! This is the third season. It is filmed where I live! It's cool to see places where I've been in the show. This is based off of the Grimm fairy tails. This show is supernatural. It is kind of like a police show, except the bad guys turn out to actually be monsters. The main character is Nick who is a Grimm and a police officer. He sees the monsters in people, and knows how to kill them. There is some comedy relief in the show, and the show can get scary because of the monsters. This season Nick became like a zombie, but he's not the typical kind of zombie since he is a Grimm and has all these weird powers. Actually last season ended with him being turned into a zombie. This season he woke up. He has become like a monster, that needs to be turned back to normal. I find it all really interesting. All three TV shows I like are on Demand, so I can watch them whenever I want to.

Favorite Songs

This month I heard versions of these songs that I feel are better than the originals. I heard them on Mrslolalynn's Youtube makeup tutorials! Normally I mute the video when they have music because I don't like the songs. These songs are beautiful! They are by Savannah Outen. The first one I heard was Clarity by Zedd in the background of this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Sh6ZvrnL3o. The next one I heard was Roar by Katy Perry in the background of this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XgrWZUM23s. I like her versions better than the originals because she slows down the songs and puts a lot of heart into it. She really brings out the melody. I love it!
3. The Monster by Eminem ft. Rihanna
4. Demons by Imagine Dragons

Beauty Favorites



1. Up & Up Eye Makeup Remover: I can't believe I forgot to put this into my monthly favorites! I have been trying this out instead of the Neutrogena Eye Makeup Remover. This is Target's dupe, and it is less expensive. It works just as well as Neutrogena! I'm so glad I tried it.




2. The Balm Blush in Frat Boy: I got this for a good deal at Hautelook. I buy all The Balm products on that website because they will have things for 1/2 off! I love this blush. It is a bright peach, and it looks matte to me. The packaging is so cute. On the inside it says "so many men, so little time!" I love the old fashioned pictures The Balm has on their packaging. It has a magnetic closure. This is my go to blush when I don't know what to wear. I used it this month to dupe the blush in Too Faced A Few of My Favorite Things called "Melt Into Spring." I also used it when I wanted to wear a warm blush.



3. Buxom Full-On Lip Cream in Creamsicle: I love this lip gloss. It is a very similar shade to Frat Boy, I just noticed. I normally wear cheaper lip products, but I splurged on this. I love the Buxom lip glosses. They actually plump up your lips! They feel luxurious to me. It leaves a minty feeling on the lips. It is shinier than the photograph shows. This is my favorite warm toned lip gloss of the moment. It smells like vanilla!


4. Essie Nail Lacquer in Parka Perfect: I saw this on someone and it looked like the perfect color for the cold weather. It is a cute baby blue.



5. Maybelline Eye Studio in Fall Temptation: This was limited edition for the fall. It is all neutrals. It just is perfect for the fall. The first color is a multicolored gold, green and yellow glitter. The 2nd color is a golden green yellow. The 3rd color is brown with gold and copper shimmers. The 4th color is a black brown, with red undertones and it is matte.


6. Milani Brow Fix in 01 Light: This month I went to my local salon to get a face wax done. I have never had it done before. The person also waxed my eyebrows, which I didn't ask for. I thought my eyebrows were already in good shape because they were groomed, so she waxed off too much! Now I have bald spots on my brows. :( I normally don't use anything on my brows because they are dark and don't need any help in my opinion, but now they do. I love this set from Milani. I use the middle color and it is a perfect match for my eyebrows. I use an angled brush. It comes with a sponge applicator, an angled brush, and tweezers. It also has a light color for a browbone highlight.


7. L'Oreal Visible Lift Foundation in Soft Ivory: I feel like I'm always having foundations as my favorites, but my skin keeps changing! I think I have combination skin, but now that it is really cold my skin is dry. I was using Revlon Colorstay for Dry Skin, but even that wasn't moisturizing enough for my skin! I researched good drugstore foundations for dry skin. I wanted something full coverage too. I found this is good. It gives a full coverage and my skin it moisturized. It leaves my skin looking dewy, which I think most people with dry skin like, but I'd rather not be shiny. I just have to get used to it. I'd rather be dewy and have my skin feel good, than have it feeling too dry and peel off! I think this is actually supposed to be good for your skin. It is has pro-retinol A+ and vitamin C. It is also SPF 17. I think it is supposed to help with anti-aging.


8. Wet 'n Wild Megalast Salon Nail Color in Haze of Love: I saw someone with this on their nails, and it looked beautiful. It is not expensive. It is like a cranberry shade.



9. Sally Hansen Lustre Shine Nail Color in Copperhead: I think I am more of a copperhead than a redhead! This is funny. I got this nail polish thinking it would be perfect for the fall, and my mom didn't know I had it. She was out shopping one day and bought it for me! So now I have two! It is such a beautiful shade. I think it has a duo chrome, so it changes color depending how the light hits it. I got other Lustre Shine Nail Colors that I have yet to try. You will probably see more of these in future monthly favorites.



10. Wet 'n Wild Fergie Centerstage Collection Photo OP Eyeshadow in Newport Nights: This is a pretty palette. The middle color is the most pigmented of all the shadows. It is a glittery bronze with gold glitter. The top left color is a vanilla matte. It blends into my skin. The bottom right color is a vivid orange satin. The top right is a pale satiny peachy pink. It blends into my skin even more than the highlight. The bottom left color is a pale pink with slight blue duo chrome. I can't remember if this was limited edition or not.

I hope you like my monthly favorites! What were your favorite things this month? I'm so excited for tomorrow because I'm going to start doing daily blogs to count down til Christmas! I'm not sure what I should call it, Advent Blog, Blogmas, etc? If you have a suggestion leave it down below!

1 comment:

Thank you for commenting on my blog! I love to get comments!