My Birchbox arrived today! The theme of it appears to be Gossip Girl. I've never watched the TV show, but I think it's popular with teenagers and/or preteens. Sometimes I've heard people talk about the fashion/beauty of the actresses on the show.
1. The cover had the Gossip Girl logo wrapped around it.
2. When I opened it up I found the card on the top that explains what this box is about and what is inside it. I didn't read it because I like to be surprised. This is what the card says if you are interested: "Hi there, Of all out guilty pleasures, our weekly 'Gossip Girl' date ranks pretty high. As proud New Yorkers, we love seeing our favorite spots on screen - plus we're addicted to the plot intrigues and killer fashion and beauty looks. Just in time for the season finale Monday, May 14, at 8/7c on The CW, we've teamed up with 'Gossip Girl' to bring you samples inspired by the series and Manhattan's chicest events. This collection has exactly what an uptown girl needs for summer. It's time to break out the bright prints and chic sandals and head to - where else? - the Hamptons. Beach parties call for a fresh, natural look: think foundation-free skin and glossy lips. And don't forget - a good guest always follows up with a thank you note. Go online for a behind-the-scenes peek at the prettiest looks on 'Gossip Girl', an exclusive interview with executive producer Stephanie Savage, and much more."
3. I opened up the yellow tissue paper and this is what it looked like.
4. Miracle Skin Transformer Body SPF 20 in Glow: Don't settle for anything but flawless skin - all over your body. This tinted treatment erases blemishes and scars on arms, legs, and decollete. It looks like it has a tint to it.
5. Kiehl's Abyssine Cream: A longtime bestseller, this anti-aging moisturizer uses microscopic Abyssine molecules to soften wrinkles and protect skin from free radical damage. I don't know what Abyssine molecules are, but I guess it sounds good.
6. Notecards: Text messages are no match for handwritten notes on fun, modern stationery. I didn't know this was stationary. I thought this went with the sweepstakes card. You have a chance to win $500 Birchbox shopping spree. You have to tune in and watch the finale episode of Gossip Girl and answer the questions on the back of the card.
7. BVLGARI Omnia Crystalline Eau de Toilette Spray: Inspired by luminescent crystals (so glam), this elegant scent combines notes of lotus flowers, bamboo, and Nashi pear. It smells really nice to me.
8. fresh Sugar Rose Tinted Lip Treatment SPF 15: This cult favorite has a subtle rosy hue, plus natural sugar extracts to exfoliate and smooth lips. I'm really glad to get this! I've heard of this before. It feels good on the lips.