Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Office Look #1: Panacea81 Monday

Panacea81 is another makeup guru that I love. She is from England, and has a really cute accent. She did a series of looks to wear for work. I got inspired and I'm duping her looks using my own cheap makeup. Most of it is inexpensive anyway. I also wanted to try other looks for work I found and liked on YouTube. I hope you like this series! The first look is Panacea81's Monday office look. She did a look for Monday through Friday. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJelsT0rgAQ I will list what she used and then my dupe. If specifics aren't mentioned it's because I didn't take note of them. Just use what you would normally use, that's what I did.

1. She did concealer, powder, and then foundation. I did foundation, concealer, and then powder. I don't understand why she did it in the order she did it.

2. Eye Primer

3. Mac Vanilla Pigment on the lid: I used Wet 'n Wild Palette in Lust, top right color.

4. L'Oreal HIP in Charged on lower lash line: I used Wet 'n Wild Palette in Vanity, bottom, right color.

5. Black pencil on top lash line: I used a dark brown liner because I think black is too harsh on me.

6. Mascara

7. Mac Harmony contour the hollows of the cheeks and on the cheeks and temples: I used what I use to bronze. You can use whatever you normally would use. I use Mac Studio Careblend Pressed in Medium Deep. I got matched for a good contour shade at a Mac counter. The girl was really helpful and she used a powder rather than a bronzer because it was matte and she said it would work best with my ultra light skin.

8. Lumiere Cosmetics Bare Skin Radiance Powder on the forehead, temples, nose, chin, and cheeks: I used Physicians Formula Powder Palette Mineral Glow Pearls in Translucent Pearls.

9. Maybelline lipgloss a pale biscuit colour with ivory and gold shimmer, She didn't know the name: I used Urban Decay Lip Junkie in Midnight Cowboy. Earlier in the morning I used my new Birchbox lip tint called fresh Sugar Rose Tinted Lip Treatment SPF 15, so I think that's why my lips look so rosy in the picture. It isn't from the lip gloss. The lip gloss is more of a sheer nude sparkly color.

My Thoughts: It's really easy. It looks natural and pretty. I found it weird how she put bronzer on her cheeks and temples and put the highlighter there too, but it ends up looking good.


As you can see the look is super natural. I think it looks pretty though. I don't look like I have a mask of makeup on. You can kind of see the dark brown color on my lower lash line. My lid color is nude. What do you think? What do you wear to work? I work at a school, so this look seems appropriate. I'm going to be at recess today and it will be hot, sunny weather. I think this will be good. I'm bringing my contour and lip gloss to touch up during the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog! I love to get comments!