Thursday, May 31, 2012
1. Covergirl Natureluxe Liquid Silk Foundation in Alabaster: This month has been pretty sunny and hot. I've found that my foundation was looking a little cakey. This foundation reminds me of a tinted moisturizer. It is very light coverage, but I like the way it applies and I don't feel like I have a ton of makeup on. It smells nice too.
2. Jordana Glitters Nail Polish in Fairy Dust: This is an inexpensive nail polish I found at K-Mart. It has beautiful glitters of red, blue, green, purple, pink, and yellow. The background is a light pink. It is a really pretty color, that glistens in the sun. I've had in on my toes for a long time now. It has stayed put very nicely.
3. Fresh Sugar Rose Tinted Lip Treatment SPF 15: I got this from my May Birchbox. I love this stuff! It is perfect to wear on a hot day where you just want a tint on your lips and it has sun protection. I'm going to bring this with me when I go to the beach. It is also moisturizing.
4. ORLY Nail Lacquer in Rage: I heard that this was a dupe for some high end nail polish that a Youtube beauty guru was talking about. She was doing a nail tutorial with it and mentioned ORLY was a similar color. This is a rose gold metallic color. It is so pretty. I feel like it's jewelry for your nails.
5. Maybelline Express Finish 50 Second Nail Color in Carnation Craze: I think I found this in one of the Spring collection stands. I'm not sure if it is limited edition or not. This is a delicate peach color that looked really elegant on the hands. It's a nice Springtime color.
6. Nicole by OPI in Love Your Life: I wore this over Carnation Craze. It is a pink glitter with pink hearts. It's very cute. I saw someone write a blog about this where they layered it over a mint color and then they put on a mattifying nail polish, which looked pretty cool. I'm going to try that next when I do my nails.
7. Essie Nail Polish in To Buy or Not To Buy: The picture doesn't show the color very well, but it is a pastel purple. I like this color for the Springtime.
8. Mac Studio Careblend Pressed in Medium Deep: I have been trying to find a good color to contour with that doesn't look fake on me. I went to a Mac counter to get matched for one and the the lady recommended this for me. I think it looks really natural. It has no shimmers in it.
9. Pixi Endless Silky Eye Pen in No.4 Black Cocoa: I mentioned in another post I did that I wanted eye liners that went on smoothly. These are very good. I also like the color.
10. Banana Boat Sport Performance Active Dry Protect SPF 50: When the sun comes out, thats when I wear my sunblock. It's sort of annoying to have to apply it, but I don't want to get a sunburn. I like this because it protects against UVB and UVA rays. It is non greasy and sweat resistant.
11. Epielle Green Tea Cleansing Tissues: I use these whenever I need to take my makeup off quickly and conveniently at my makeup table. It may be just a mistake when I put on my makeup, so I don't want to watch my face completely off. I heard these mentioned in a Youtuber I subscribe to's favorites of the month. I got these at Big Lots for a low cost. They come in other kinds like aloe vera and citrus. I like the green tea ones. I haven't tried any of the others.
12. Nioxin Volumizing Reflectives Bliss Thermal Protector: I use this before I blow dry my hair. It is good for people with fine hair.
So those are my favorites for this month. I have a lot of nail polish favorites again. I've just been doing my nails a lot these last few months. What are your favorite products?