Sunday, September 23, 2012

Elf Cruella Beauty Book

My third palette I got for my birthday was the Elf Cruella Beauty Book. The theme of it is "Evil Everyday Eyes." This is my favorite of all the palettes because it has neutral colors in it. Like my post for the Evil Queen palette I'm using descriptions from this blog: http://beautyblingonabudget.blogspot.com/2012/09/elf-disney-villains-collection.html She also has a good review and swatches, if you want to check that out.



The kit includes fake eyelashes, eight eyeshadows, eye primer, two lip & cheek pencils, liquid eyeliner, a mirror, and day and night face charts.


Day Evil: For a darling look that is perfectly wretched

Step 1: To ensure you are looking beautifully evil all day long, apply a thin coat of the eye primer to the eyelid and blend in. Allow the formula to dry fully prior to applying eyeshadow.

Step 2: Apply the lightest eyeshadow color "puppy love" to the brow bone and "coat of dreams" to the inner corner of the eye to create a devilish highlight.

     Puppy Love: matte cream

     Coat of Dreams: shimmery champagne

Step 3: Blend the mid-toned eyeshadow color "cruelty" onto the eyelid from lash line to crease to define the eye.

     Cruelty: satin sage green

Step 4: Apply the darkest eyeshadow color "sewage" to the outer 1/3 of the eyelid and crease, blending as you go and building the color gradually to contour.

     Sewage: shimmery mid toned brown

Step 5: To finish off your look, apply the day lip & cheek color to the cheeks by dabbing on a few spots of color and blending in with your fingers. Line your lips and blend color in to create a gorgeously cruel look.

     Elf Lip & Cheek Color: baby pink

Review: I used my Too Faced Shadow Insurance instead of the Elf primer because I have used it before and I know the Too Faced one works better for my eyelids. I let it dry though like the instructions say to do. I put on my foundation, concealer, and powder. Then I put on the eye shadows like how it says to and the colors are so beautiful! I was really surprised. They also suited my eye color which is hazel. I thought it brought out the green in my eyes. The colors were soft, easily blendable, and pigmented. I put on mascara. For my cheeks I used to pencil and it felt like how you would imagine a pencil to feel on your cheek. It was hard and the color blended nicely but I couldn't really see it. I would much rather use a regular powder or cream blush. On my lips the pencil felt like a pencil. It was too dry, even after I used Burts Bees to moisturize my lips. The color was too pale, and I didn't like it. I decided to exfoliate my lips and put a lip balm on. I like to use Victoria Secret Pro Smooth FX Lip Scrub & Balm. Other than the lip and cheek pencil I like the look and makeup.



Night Villain: For a look as fabulous as a diva

Step 1: To create a look that will keep you looking captivatingly cruel into the late hours of the night, apply a thin coat of the eye primer to the eyelid and blend in. Allow the formula to dry fully prior to applying eyeshadow.

Step 2: Apply the lightest eyeshadow color "spotted" to the brow bone and inner corner of the eye to highlight.

     Spotted: shimmery cream color

Step 3: Blend the mid-toned eyeshadow color "maniac" onto the eyelid from lash line to crease to help define the eye.

     Maniac: shimmery brown with golden undertones

Step 4: Apply the deeper eyeshadow color "little beasts" to the outer 1/3 of the eyelid and crease, blending as you go and building the color gradually to contour.

     Little Beasts: matte brown

Step 5: Using the darkest eyeshadow color "extinction," blend a thin line along the crease of the eyelid to create sharp darkness and depth to the eye.

     Extinction: shimmery dark brown

Step 6: Gently remove lash from tray and trim if needed to fit your eye. Apply a thin amount of glue along the entire length of the lash strip and allow glue to sit until tacky. Place the lash as close to your lash line as possible, working from the center out for an enchanting effect. Hold the lash in place until the lash strip has a chance to hold.

Step 7: Using the liquid eyeliner apply a thin line along the base of the upper lash line for the perfect accessory to your eyes.

     Liquid Eye Liner: black

Step 8: To finish off your look, apply the night lip & cheek color to the cheeks by dabbing on a few spots of color and blending in with your fingers. Line your lips and blend color in to create your devilishly dramatic and villainous look.

     Elf Lip & Cheek Color: red

I hope you enjoy these posts. When I try these looks myself, I will add comments saying how I liked the looks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog! I love to get comments!