Sunday, September 23, 2012

Elf Evil Queen Beauty Book

My birthday was this month and with some of my money I decided to purchase all three of ELF's Disney Villainous Villains Collection. Each book cost $9.99. In case you want to dupe these books I will include a description of makeup item and the day and night face chart that is included. I have found descriptions from this blog: http://beautyblingonabudget.blogspot.com/2012/09/elf-disney-villains-collection.html She also has good swatches. I would take pictures of the makeup on my face, but I'm not very good with taking those kinds of photos yet, to really show how well the makeup looks.


I was so happy my Walgreens had these in stock. If you don't see them on display you should ask the people that work there if they have it or if they are going to get it. They can place it on hold for you, if it is still coming. My Walgreens didn't have them on display, but they had them hidden away. They were happy to get it out for me. They were actually eager to buy them for themselves!


This book includes: fake eyelashes, eyelash glue, 8 eyeshadows, eye primer, 2 lip & cheek color pencils, liquid eyeliner, and a mirror. This theme of this book is "Devious Dramatic Eyes."


Day Evil: For a deliciously enchanting look

Step 1: To ensure you are looking beautifully evil all day long, apply a thin coat of the eye primer to the eyelid and blend in. Allow the formula to dry fully prior to applying eyeshadows.

Step 2: Apply the lightest eyeshadow color "one bite" to the brow bone and "vanity" to the inner corner of the eye to create a radiant highlight.

               One Bite: a yellow toned cream with satin finish
               Vanity: a matte cream color

Step 3: Blend the mid-toned eyeshadow color "narcissistic" onto the eyelid from lash line to crease to define the eye.

                Narcissist: a satin lilac color

Step 4: Apply the darkest eyeshadow color "potion" to the outer 1/3 of the eyelid and crease, blending as you go and building the color gradually to contour.

                Potion: a deep satin plum color

Step 5: To finish off your look, apply the day lip and cheek color to the cheeks by dabbing on a few dots of color and blending in with your fingers. Line your lips and blend color in to create your gorgeously luscious look.

                Elf Lip & Cheek Color for daytime: purple-y pink

My Review: I started off using my Too Faced Shadow Insurance instead of the Elf Eye Shadow Primer because I've used both before and I know Too Faced works better on my eyelids. I let it set, so I put on my face primer, foundation, concealer, and powder. Then, I applied One Bite to my brow bone. It is really pigmented and glittery. I felt like it was a little too much for day time. Then, I put on Vanity in my inner corners, but that wasn't pigmented at all. This is the first time I've tried an eyeshadow from one of the Villain Beauty Books where the eyeshadow wasn't good, so I was surprised. It just matched my light skin, so it might work for someone with darker skin. Next, I put Narcissistic on my eyelid. It is really pale, even for my skin! I was disappointed. Last, I put Potion in the crease and wow, this is so pigmented! It has a lot of red to it. I felt like I put too much on, so I used makeup remover to get rid of it. I also wiped off the eye brow highlight. The red made my eyes look bad. I decided to fix the problem by using Maybelline Expert Wear Amethyst Smokes' lid color on my eye lid. This is a really pretty purple, that is pigmented, and the color looks good on me. I blended it out in the crease area. I left my brow bone blank. I used the Elf Lip & Cheek Color for daytime and it went on creamy. I was afraid I wouldn't like the color, but it looks like a nice blush color. It also looked good and applied creamy on to my lips. First, I used Burts Bees Lip Balm. The finished look was good. I also applied mascara. Now I've tried all three day time looks and the one from this book was the worst quality I would say in eyeshadows. The lip & cheek color was good.


Night Villain: For a look that is sure to make you the fairest one of all

Step 1: To create a look that will keep you looking deviously charming into the late hours of the night, apply a thin coat of the eye primer to the eyelid and blend in. Allow the formula to dry fully prior to applying eyeshadow.

Step 2: Apply the lightest eyeshadow color "fairest of the land" to the brow bone and inner corner of the eye to highlight.

            Fairest of the Land: a satin white

Step 3: Blend the mid-toned eyeshadow color "majesty" onto the eyelid from lash line to crease to define the eye.

            Majesty: a mid toned purple with a satin finish

Step 4: Apply the deeper eyeshadow color "peddler's cloak" to the outer 1/3 of the eyelid and crease, blending as you go and building the color gradually to contour.

           Peddler's Cloak: a shimmery brown

Step 5: Using the darkest eyeshadow color "poison apple," blend a thin line along the crease of the eyelid to create a darkness and depth to the eye.

           Poison Apple: a matte black

Step 6: Gently remove lash from tray and trim if needed to fit your eye. Apply a thin amount of glue along the entire length of the lash strip and allow glue to sit until tacky. Place the lash as close to your lash line as possible, working from the center out for an enchanting effect. Hold the lash in place until the lash strip has a chance to hold.

Step 7: Using the liquid eyeliner, apply a thin line along the base of the upper lash line for a radiant effect.

            Liquid Eye Liner: black

Step 8: To finish off your look, apply the Night Lip & Cheek Color to the cheeks by dabbing on a few dots of color and blending in with your fingers. Line your lips for a red apple pout and blend color in to create your daringly dramatic and villainous look.

          Elf lip and cheek color for night time: red

Review: I still would like to review the night time looks for each palette. I am not someone that goes out at night normally. I never wear fake eye lashes. These looks may be too dramatic to what I'm used to. I will still try them out. If I do go out on a date, I don't like to wear too much makeup, so it will be interesting to see how I like the looks, especially if I dare to wear the fake lashes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog! I love to get comments!