Sunday, September 23, 2012

Elf Malefacent Beauty Book

My final palette I got with my birthday money was Elf's Malefacent Beauty Book. The theme of this is "Sinister Smoky Eyes." I love the names of the eyeshadows and the way they wrote the face charts. It is so funny! When I first saw these palettes I thought why would I want to look like one of these villains? But then I saw the makeup and the face charts and I saw how it could look pretty gorgeous. I still have to try them out, but when I do I will note how I like the different looks. For description of the makeup I copied from this blog: http://beautyblingonabudget.blogspot.com/2012/09/elf-disney-villains-collection.html She also has good swatches and review of each beauty book.



This book comes with false eyelashes, eight eyeshadows, eye primer, two lip & cheek color pencils, liquid eyeliner, a mirror, and two face charts.


Day Evil: For a strikingly spellbound look

Step 1: To ensure you are looking beautifully evil all day long, apply a thin coat of the eye primer to the eyelid and blend in. Allow the formula to dry fully prior to applying eyeshadow.

Step 2: Apply the lightest eyeshadow color "spindle" to the brow bone and "sceptre" to the inner corner of the eye to create a stunning highlight.

     Spindle: satin light pink

     Sceptre: shimmery champagne with some gold undertones

Step 3: Blend the mid-toned eyeshadow color "fog of doom" onto the eyelid from lash line to crease to define the eye.

     Fog of Doom: mid-toned blue

Step 4: Apply the darkest eyeshadow color "fauna," to the outer 1/3 of the eyelid and crease blending as you go and building the color gradually to contour.

     Fauna: blue grey satin

Step 5: To finish off your look, apply the day lip & cheek color to the cheeks by dabbing on a few dots of color and blending in with your fingers. Line your lips and blend color in to create your magnificently magical look.

     Elf Lip & Cheek Color: berry

Review: The shadows are really nice. They blend easily and are pigmented. I actually liked this lip and cheek color pencil better than the one that was in the Cruella book because of the creaminess of it. It didn't feel so much like I was using a hard pencil on my cheeks and lips. But the colors don't look good on me. I don't look horrible, but I wouldn't wear this look again. I think it is too cool toned for my coloring.


Night Villain: For a look that is ferociously fierce

Step 1: To create a look that will keep you looking petrifyingly provocative into the late hours of the night, apply a thin coat of the eye primer to the eyelid and blend in. Allow the formula to dry fully prior to applying eyeshadow.

Step 2: Apply the lightest eyeshadow color "misfortune" to the brow bone and inner corner of the eye to highlight.

     Misfortune: silvery gray

Step 3: Blend the mid-toned eyeshadow color "forest of thorns" onto the eyelid from lash line to crease to define the eye.

     Forest of Thorns: gunmetal grey with silver shimmer

Step 4: Apply the deeper eyeshadow color "deep sleep" to the outer 1/3 of the eyelid and crease blending as you go and building the color gradually to contour.

     Deep Sleep: mid-toned purple

Step 5: Using the darkest eyeshadow color "diablo," blend a thin line along the crease of the eyelid to create a sinisterly smoky eye.

     Diablo: matte black

Step 6: Gently remove lash from tray and trim if needed to fit your eye. Apply a thin amount of glue along the entire length of the lash strip and allow glue to sit until tacky. Place the lash as close to your lash line as possible, working from the center out for an enchanting effect. Hold the lash in place until the lash strip has a chance to hold.

Step 7: Using the liquid eyeliner, apply a a thin line along the base of the upper lash line for an excellent effect.

     Liquid Eye Liner: this is the only liner of any of the books that has shimmer

Step 8: To finish off your look, apply the night lip & cheek color to the cheeks by dabbing on a few dots of color and blending in with your fingers. Line your lips and blend color in to complete your villainous fairytale look.

     Elf Lip & Cheek Color: plum

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog! I love to get comments!