Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Elf Ariel Treasure Within Beauty Book!


I got so excited when I found out Elf was coming out with The Little Mermaid palette! I think that might mean they will have other princesses! I love the packaging. I actually have a t-shirt with the same drawing on it of Ariel.


It comes with directions to make two different looks. I will write down what it says and say how I liked it. I also found two other looks on Youtube using this palette that I will include.


It comes with 9 eye shadows, 2 bronzers, a pink lip gloss, and a eye shadow brush. I will tell you in the tutorials how I like the different makeup. Some of it I liked and some of it wasn't very pigmented. There was a little face brush it came with in the middle, but I threw it away.



There are other products you can get in this collection. There are lip products, brushes, eyeshadows, lashes, and a bronzer. I read a review that said the bronzer was good. They said it was like the It Cosmetics CC Radiance Ombre Bronzer. It describes it as a dark bronzy matte tan with a splash of golden beige shimmer, a golden bronze hue, skin is lit from within glow, and it is radiant. It is just a cheap bronzer from Walgreens, but it sounded like a great product! I'm not disappointed in it at all. I really recommend it. This is called Elf Disney Ariel Bronzed Beauty in Surf's Up. I also am a sucker for the packaging. I hope they come out with other princesses! 

1. On the Beach

Step 1: To create a look that will keep you looking beautifully be achy all day long, apply a light eyeshadow color like "Sand Dollar" to the brow bone. Also dab into the inner corner of the eye to create a divine highlight.

Step 2: Blend a mid-toned eyeshadow color like "Coral Reef" onto the eyelid from lash line to crease to help define the eye.

Step 3: Apply a dark eyeshadow color like "Tropical Wave" to the outer 1/3 of the eyelid and crease blending as you go and building the color gradually to contour.

Step 4: Blend the bronzer color "Conch Shell" onto the apples of the cheeks for a flush of color.

Step 5: To finish off your look, apply the "Go On and Kiss The Girl" lip color to complete your fun in the sun look.

My Thoughts: I first started the look with eye shadow primer, but the shadows barely showed up. So I tried it again later with NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk and put it all over my eye space. This helped a lot! Sand Dollar is too much like the color of my skin, so it didn't show up. Coral Reef is really light too. I had to pack it on my lid, but the white base really helped the color show up. Tropical Wave has good pigmentation on the white base. I just used a little bit of it at a time. Conch Shell is a pretty bronzer, and it is very pigmented. I put some on the back of my hand before putting on my cheeks. The lip gloss is a cute pink creamy color. Overall, the look was sweet.

2. Sunset Cruise

Step 1: To create a look that will keep you looking royal apply a light eyeshadow color like "Seaweed" to the brow bone and inner corner of the eye to highlight.

Step 2: Blend a mid-toned eyeshadow color like "Seashell" onto the eyelid from lash line to crease to define the eye.

Step 3: Apply a deeper eyeshadow color like "Brilliant Sea" to the outer 1/3 of the eyelid and crease, blending as you go and building the color gradually. Blend a thin line along the bottom lash line to create a deep smoky eye.

Step 4: Apply the bronzer color "Tan Lines" on the areas of the face where the sun would naturally hit for a subtle wash of color. Or dampen a brush and blend in for a more vibrant effect. Build color for desired look.

Step 5: To finish off your look, apply the "Go On and Kiss the Girl" lip color to complete your romantic look.

My Thoughts: This look is more fashionable, like a runway show. It is fun to play with the colors. I don't think it is daytime appropriate. Seaweed is not a light eyeshadow. It is a pigmented green, and it looks funny when you use it to highlight. Other than that I think the look is pretty. Seashell is a pigmented purple, which is really cool because it is hard to find a pigmented purple in the drugstore. Brilliant Sea blends perfectly over Seashell, and it is pigmented as well. Tan Lines is another good bronzer. I put it everywhere I get freckles because I know that is where the sun hits: the cheeks, across my nose, forehead, and chin. It looks like a natural tan.

3. Elf Ariel Treasure Within Beauty Book Review by Beauty Broadcast Express https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8dKWdQW0M8
a. Sand Dollar, inner corner
b. For Shore, lid
c. North Star, crease
d. Siren Song, crease
e. Coral Reef, under brow
f. Brilliant Sea, outer corner of lid
g. Black Liquid Liner, upper lash line, wing
h. Black Eye Liner, waterline, little bit in lower outer lash line
i. Smudge Brush, Brilliant Sea, outer half of lower lash line
j. Tropical Wave, inner half of lower lash line
k. Mascara
l. Darker Bronzer, contour
m. Lighter Bronzer, all over face
n. Lip Gloss
o. It looks like she has a pink blush on. I wore Physicians Formula Happy Booster in Natural
My Thoughts: I put on eye shadow primer and then NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk on the lower lash line and from the lashes to the brow. The Sand Dollar was a pretty inner highlight. For Shore is a beautiful bronze color. North Star is a shimmery gray color. Siren Song is a beautiful terra-cotta orange. I can't see Coral Reef at all. I think Brilliant Sea is a really pretty blue for the lower lash line and so is Tropical Wave. I think the blues on the lower lash line made me like this look. Using both bronzers didn't look bad or fake on me. The pink blush on the cheeks and lips is pretty. I didn't know if I would like this look, but when I was all finished I ended up liking it. The colors can be layered, which is interesting.

4. ELF Disney Ariel Treasure Within Beauty Book Review & Tutorial! by SOfilthygorgeous https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZLYD1qv0TE
a. Eye Primer, lower lash line
b. Sand Dollar, inner corner, inner 1/3 on lid, brow bone
c. Seashell, outer 2/3 of lid
d. For Shore, crease
e. Seaweed, outer 2/3 of lower lash line
f. Sand Dollar, inner 1/3 of lower lash line
g. Black Liquid Liner, upper lash line, wing
h. Mascara
i. Tan Lines Bronzer, under cheekbones, under jaw
j. Elf Contouring Blush and Bronzer in St. Lucia, she used the blush
k. Sand Dollar, top of cheekbones
l. Lip Gloss from palette
My Thoughts: I really like this look. This is my favorite of all the looks. Sand Dollar isn't very pigmented on me. It just blends into my skin, but it does work as a subtle highlight. I just used Milani Eye Shadow Primer on my eyes and lower lash line, and the shadows showed up nicely. Seashell, For Shore, and Seaweed are all really pretty colors and pigmented. They all go nicely together. Tan Lines is a good bronzer for contouring because it is matte.

I really recommend this book! I think it has a lot of great summer colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog! I love to get comments!