Wednesday, July 30, 2014

July Favorites!

This summer is going by way too fast. It makes me feel so sad that it is the end of July. I want summer to go on forever. I love the sunshine, and the break from work. I hope August goes by very very slowly!

Favorite TV Show



The Real Housewives of New Jersey Season 6: I think every month one of my favorite TV shows is another installment of The Real Housewives on Bravo. For some reason, I didn't find any good pictures of this cast that I could copy. This picture is a little blurry. I think it is interesting that Dina is back. I wonder why her and her sister don't get along. This season is interesting to me because 3 of the ladies I already know from past seasons, but 3 of the ladies are totally new, including twin sisters. I think this will be an interesting season.

Favorite Nail Polishes


1. Julie G Nail Color in Tahiti: This is another blue-green color. I seem to have a lot of these. It is my favorite color. I thought this was a pretty combination. I taught VBS for a week, and one of the girls in my group (She was probably 8 or 9 years old!) had this combination on her nails. I thought it was so pretty and summery. I copied her nail look. The red color is Essie's Cute As A Button.


2. Essie Nail Lacquer in Shine of the Times: I saw a blog post where someone combined Sinful Colors Cinderella with Shine of the Times as a top coat. This is so beautiful! I would wear this every day on my nails. The way it hit the sun was amazing.


3. Revlon Pebbled Texture Nail Enamel in Seychelles Sand: I originally painted my nails yellow, but it looked a little boring. I wanted to try out this new nail polish I got. I got it in several shades. It looks like little rocks. It's hard to describe. I thought it was pretty. It is hard to see the nail polish in this picture, unfortunately.


4. China Glaze Flip Flop Fantasy: This is a neon coral shade. It has lasted for quite a long time on my toes. This was the best picture I took that showed how neon the color was. This is the perfect summer toe color to wear. It looks cute with flip flops.


5. Maybelline Color Show Jewels in Gilded in Gold with Maybelline Color Show in Born With It: I saw this on the display picture of the Jewel nail polishes. It is hard to see in the picture, but the jewel top coat looks like golden leaves to me. They aren't uniform glitters. They are more like golden particles. I think it is so pretty. Born With It is just a very light pink, but it makes for a good base to the golden jewels.

Skin Care


1. Avalon Organics Vitamin C Renew Revitalizing Eye Cream: I don't remember where, but I remember hearing someone used this and recommended it. It is a moisturizing eye cream.


2. Ulta Beauty Smoothie in Buttercream Cupcake 3-in-1 Shower Gel, Shampoo & Bubble Bath: This stuff smells so good! I love anything that smells like cupcakes. I use it as a shower gel.

Makeup


1. Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser: This has been compared to Benefit's Porefessional. I wouldn't go so far as to say this is a dupe, but it does a pretty good job at minimizing the appearance of pores on the face. I put this on before foundation.


2. Jane Oil Free Finishing Powder in Fair: This month my skin was acting weird with my regular foundation routine. Sometimes the pores were more visible, or it looked like my face was too cakey or sometimes it was too shiny. I dug this out of a drawer and I haven't used this product in a long time. This may be past the expiration date because this is when Jane was sold in Rite Aid. I remember buying Jane in high school, but then it went away and now it is back and more expensive and is sold at Ulta. Even though it is old, it works really well! It keeps my face from looking too greasy. I keep it in a purse to touch up my face.


3. Bare Minerals Well Rested: My mom is in love with this stuff. She had an extra one that she let me have. It is a good powder to put under the eyes, and around the nose. It is like a concealer. I am really impressed by it. I use it to set my concealer.


4. Jesse's Girl Liquid Eyeliner in Black: I was on a hunt for a liquid liner that was waterproof. I think this is new at Rite Aid. It has a very fine point brush. It lasts all day, and doesn't smudge. It is also very easy to use. I have a hard time doing winged liner, but this makes it really easy for me. You can get right next to your lash line.


5. NYX Matte Finish Long Lasting Setting Spray: I used this a lot this month. I'm not exactly sure how well it does with keeping me matte. I think it works just as good as the Urban Decay setting sprays. I have tried those, but this is the inexpensive version. I had to try it.

Favorite Songs

Oldies
1. Jessie's Girl by Rick Springfield
2. Joy to the World by Three Dog Night
3. Walking on Sunshine by Katrina and The Waves
4. You've Got A Friend by James Taylor

Pop
1. Problem ft. Iggy Azalea by Ariana Grande
2. Break Free ft. Zedd by Ariana Grande
3. Shower by Becky G
4. Stubborn Love by The Lumineers
5. Ho Hey by The Lumineers
6. East of Eden by Zella Day
7. Cool Kids by Echosmith
8. American Dream by MKTO
9. Hey Ya! by OutKast
10. Really Don't Care by Demi Lovato
11. What Makes You Beautiful by One Direction
12. Rhythm of Love by Plain White T's
13. Clarity by Zedd
14. Maps by Maroon 5

R&B
She Came to Give It to You by Usher

Christian
Never Too Late by Kutless
This Is Amazing Grace by Phil Wickham
With Every Act of Love by Jason Gray
Strangely Dim by Francesca Battistelli

I hope you enjoyed my July favorites! What were your favorites of the month? Don't be afraid to leave a comment. I rarely get comments, so I love to get them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog! I love to get comments!