Saturday, August 13, 2016

EOTD: Inspired by the Modern Renaissance Palette



If you're like me, and you like watching makeup videos on Youtube, you will have seen the millions of videos using the Anastasia of Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Palette. I don't know if maybe they have been sent it for free, and they have some deal to use the palette on a video. Everyone is seemingly loving this palette. I don't know maybe I'm being too cynical. What I like about this palette is the colors are great for the fall time. Also, they look pretty on redheads, on my complexion with my freckles and hair. It just goes really well. I feel like matte eyes, matte blush, and matte lips are so popular right now. And glowing to the moon highlight. The only thing to be glowing is the highlight.

I don't have the palette, and I don't plan on buying it because I have way too much makeup. Too many palettes. I don't need to buy any more makeup for the rest of my life. This look was just using colors I already have to duplicate the same colors that are in that palette. 

Here is what I did. It was really easy.

1. Matte, medium brown in the crease, with a fluffy brush, and on the lower lash line. It's ok if it is messy, you can clean it up at the end. Also, make sure you put eye primer on the lower lash line, so the colors will come out more. I love the Milani Eye Primer. You can get it at the drugstore.

2. Matte, medium orange in the crease, and lower lash line

3. Matte, brick color in the crease, and lower lash line.

4. Matte, copper in the outer v, outer lid, outer crease, and outer lower lash line.

5. Matte, dark brown on a fluffy brush on the outer lid and outer crease

6. Now blend everything out, so there are no harsh lines anywhere.

7. For the lid, use a warm, medium-dark brown, with a pearled finish.

8. Black eye liner in my waterline

9. Matte, light cream color under my eye brow.

10. Blend the highlight color with the crease color.

11. I used eye makeup remover to clean up under the eye, and make it look neater under there.

12. Last, I used a golden highlight for my inner corners. My favorite highlighter is The Balm's Mary Lou Manizer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog! I love to get comments!