Saturday, March 31, 2012

March Favorites

This month has gone by so fast. Here is my round up of beauty favorites.


1. EOS Lip Balms in Strawberry and Mint: Awww, don't they look cute! They look like Easter Eggs. Well, these are actually lip balms. I keep the mint one on my makeup table and use it before I put on my makeup to help prepare my lips for lipstick. I keep the strawberry one by my bed.


2. Maybelline One by One Volume Express: I like to try out different mascaras. I liked this one because it does a good job at separating the lashes.


3. Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Makeup SPF 10 in Shell: I ran out of my Laura Mercier foundation, and even though it was really good I wanted to try something new. I had seen the Estee Lauder one talked about a lot by Samantha Schuerman (she's a youtube person). She has acne scars, but this makeup covers beautifully on her. I think it does the same for me. You have to be careful with how you apply it though, because it can look cakey. I like to use my fingers to make it blend in nicely.


4. Sinful Colors Nail Polish in Cinderella: This nail polish is so cute! It is light blue and normally I don't wear blue nail polish, but this actually was pretty. Whenever it hits the light there is a pink sparkle to it. I got a lot of compliments too.


5. Chapstick Fresh Effects in Refreshing Mandarin and Invigorating Green Tea Mint: The EOS Lip Balms aren't as moisturizing as these are. My lips were feeling really chapped and I got these little guys. I keep one in my coat pocket. They give a cooling effect on the lips and make them feel really good when they are chapped. I keep the other by bed.


6. Pixi Eye Bright Liner in Nude: I learned about this in the Audrey Hepburn Tutorial by Lisa Eldridge on Youtube. She put this in the waterline. This helps makes your eyes look bigger and more awake. It works better than using white liner, because it looks more natural. I got this at Target. It is expensive. I don't remember how much it costs, but it is worth it. It lasts a long time, and makes your eyes look beautiful. I think it costs $17.


7. Maybelline Eye Studio Gel Liner in Brown: I can't believe I haven't listed this in a favorite blog yet. I use this stuff all the time. Whenever a look calls for gel liner I use this. It isn't as harsh as black. It is very easy to apply. I use my Ecotools angled brush. I have had this for a long time and it still hasn't dried out. I love it.


8. Revlon Illuminance Creme Shadow in Not Just Nudes: I use this whenever I'm using a look that calls for a Mac Paint Pot. It works just as well, in my opinion. I always wear a primer underneath, and it doesn't crease. Some people don't like the illuminance cream shadows, but they work fine on me.  The lightest shade is a dupe for Mac's Bare Study or Painterly Paint Pot, the second lightest is a dupe for Rubenesque, the fourth shade is dupe for Indian Wood and the darkest shade is a dupe for Mac's Constructivist. They work well under eye shadows as a base.


9. Bare Minerals Multi-Tasking Mineral in Clear Radiance: This is a beautiful highlighter. Whenever a look calls for Mac's Soft and Gentle I use this. It has a pretty pink glow, but it isn't a blush. And it isn't glittery. It's the perfect highlighter.


10. Maybelline Expert Wear Blush in Pinch O' Pink: This is a bright pink blush. It looks flattering on my skin color. When a look calls for pink, I usually use this. It is very pigmented so use a skunk brush.


11. Revlon Colorburst Lip Gloss in Peony: This is a beautiful lip gloss. It is a sheer golden pink with gold/multicolor glitter. It is a dupe for Nars Orgasm Lip Gloss. It is pinky-peach with gold sparkles. This is my favorite lip gloss.


12. Wet 'n Wild Color Icon 8-Pan in Sand Castle: I think this has been discontinued. The middle shadows are so pigmented, it is crazy. I have to just put a little on my brush. The colors in the corners are more like highlighter shades. There are so many dupes in this palette. The darkest shade is a dupe for Urban Decay's Toasted. The 2nd in the middle is a dupe for Mac's Amber Lights. The 3rd shade in the middle is Mac's Antiqued. The darkest color is also a dupe for Mac's Bronze. The top color in the middle is a dupe for Mac's Charcoal Brown. The darkest shade is Mulch. The darkest shade is also Sable. The top color in the middle is a dupe for Satin Taupe. The second shade is Sugar Shot. I don't have the colors they are supposed to be dupes for, this is just what I've seen people say around the internet.

I hope you had fun reading my favorites. What are your favorites for this month?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog! I love to get comments!