Sunday, March 11, 2012

Urban Decay Naked Palette Looks

For awhile I have seen a lot of looks of Youtube and blogs that were using the Urban Decay Naked Palette. I guess a lot of people request looks because they have the palette and they would like more ideas on how to use it. Since I sort of have the Naked Palette because I got dupes for all the colors I was curious to see the different looks. I took notes on my favorites. This is a collection of those. I will include the links where I found them, so you can watch the original video or see the original blog if you would like. I wrote down the makeup they used, and the makeup I used if I didn't have the same product and a lot of times I didn't. I tried all these looks in the morning before I would go to work, usually. If the look was a little too smokey I tried to make note of it. It doesn't mean I didn't think it was pretty, I just thought maybe it was a little too dramatic for day time. I hope this is a helpful post!

Here is a quick list of dupes for the Naked palette. This is what I normally use. I have a more extensive list in my August 2011 post.
Virgin: Wet 'n Wild Color Icon in Lust 6-Pan Palette, 4th shade
Sin: Wet 'n Wild Color Icon Trio in Walking on Eggshells, eyelid color
Naked: Wet 'n Wild Color Icon in Vanity 6-Pan Palette, 2nd shade
Sidecar: Elf Day to Night, last shade
Buck: Wet 'n Wild Color Icon in Vanity 6-Pan Palette, 3rd shade
Half Baked: L'Oreal Hip Duo in Dynamic, left color
Smog: Wet 'n Wild Color Icon Trio in Walking on Eggshells, crease color
Darkhorse: L'Oreal Hip Duo in Dynamic, right color
Toasted: Wet 'n Wild Color Icon in Vanity 6-Pan Palette, 6th shade
Hustle: Elf Day to Night, 2nd shade
Creep: Wet 'n Wild Color Icon in Greed 6-Pan Palette, 6th shade
Gunmetal: Wet 'n Wild Color Icon in Lust 6-Pan Palette, 5th shade

1. Naked for a Week blog post from Beautiful (un)Necessities http://cateyez713.blogspot.com/search/label/Urban%20Decay
She did a different look for every day of the week using the Naked palette. Day 6 is a smokey eye, perhaps more suited for night time.

2. Three Different Looks with the Naked Palette by MakeupGeek http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9EcppJXVaM

Look 1
She used a cheek tint in Score by Urban Decay for cheeks and lips, this is a rosy pink brown with pale champagne shimmer. I used NYC Blushable Creme Stick in Berry New Yorker.
My Thoughts: It is really wearable and easy to do.

Look 2 (5:00 mark in video)
She used a Stila eye liner in a peachy color in the waterline. I used Pixie Eye Bright Liner. For blush she used Tarte Blush in Tipsy. I used Elf All Over Cover Stick in Golden Peach. For highlighter she used Tarte Smooth Operator. I used Bare Minerals Flawless Radiance. For lips she wore Urban Decay Lipstick in Indecent and MUD lipgloss in Cantaloupe. I wore Revlon Lip Butter in Peach Parfait.

Look 3 (10:20 mark in video)
This is more of a night time look. She used for blush Tarte Exposed. I used Rimmel Mauve Cool Blush. For lip gloss she used Urban Decay Pocket Rocket in David. I used Prestige Lip Gloss in Delicate Mauve.

3. The next two looks I took notes on, but I didn't include where I found them from.
a. lid: naked
b. crease: side car
c. outer v: darkhorse
d. browbone: virgin
e. lower lash line half way: darkhorse
f. upper lash line: elf liquid liner
g. mascara upper and lower lash line
h. tearduct: virgin

4. Again, not sure where I found this.
a. lid: naked, blend up into the crease, blend up to eyebrow
b. lower lash line: smog and darkhorse
c. lid: sidecar and sin
d. inner rims of eye: black eyeliner
e. black eyeshadow on top of eyeliner and upper lash line
f. lip liner: maybelline toast or revlon rose (I used Boots No.7 Nude.)
g. lipstick: revlon pink sugar (I used Revlon Peony Lip Gloss.)
h. no blush

5. Dupe Tutorial: UD Naked vs. ELF Neutral Palette (Everyday Glam Look) by DivaMakeupQueen http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNG5d2VX4gM She used NYC Blush Stick in Pink Flash, I used NYC Blush Stick in Plaza Pink. For lips she used Elf Glossy Gloss in Sweet Salmon, I used Prestige Soft Peach Lip Gloss.

6. Urban Decay Naked Palette Tutorial by thestylediet. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLYMfTBbSNw For lips she used DuWop in Coral Tree Lip Gloss. I used Palladio Clearly Coral.

7. Signature Look Series: Urban Decay Naked Palette (#2) by Neutrakris http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80AbXZ1HwPc She did two looks. This was my favorite of her looks. I thought it looked pretty on redheads. She used Mac Beauty Powder in Light Sunshine as a highlighter. I used Bare Minerals Clear Radiance. On her lips she used LA Color's lipliner in natural, topped with Rimmel's Moisture Renew Lip Gloss in Hydra Beige. I used Revlon Lip Butter in Brown Sugar.

8. New Year, New You! Makeup Tutorial by aleexandraaxo http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfdiA1gluak

9. Urban Decay Naked Palette Smokey Eye by samanthaschuerman http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQl2ZhGc2gM This is a pretty gray smokey eye, that was too dramatic for day time. Some of the products she used I duped. I used Milani Luminoso Blush, Revlon Precious Metals Grey, Rimmel Lip Pencil in Spice, and Elf Lip Gloss in Blossom.

10. Selena Gomez New Years Eve in NYC 2012 Performance by JaaackJack http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwHteRfg16A I used Milani Blush in Rose D'Oro, Revlon Lipstick in Soft Nude, and Milani Summer Baby Lip Gloss.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog! I love to get comments!