Saturday, March 17, 2012

Pretty Makeup Looks Part I

I get a lot of makeup inspiration from Youtube makeup tutorials. A ton of them I note down, and keep track of what makeup I used to copy the looks. Sometimes a look will look pretty on someone else, but I don't think it looks good on me. I just experiment and try to learn new ways of doing makeup. I think I've learned a lot. I thought I would share with you, some looks that I liked. There are so many that I'm breaking them down into ten looks per blog post, so I don't overwhelm anybody and they think "too long to read!" Maybe this will also introduce you to beauty youtubers you have not watched before, but are very good and match your interests.

1. Un maquillage pour la rentree by julielovesmac07 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9Y83st6wpA&feature=plcp&context=C4fa1e64VDvjVQa1PpcFM0mTC3aOaXHufiku_c-Q4RWk4Jj2hUFyA%3D This girl is French and she does the most beautiful looks. They aren't hard to copy because she clearly has labeled what products she is using. I copied this look and my mom said it made my eyes look really bright. It's using mostly shadows from the Urban Decay Naked Palette.

2. Sunset Eyes by julielovesmac07 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_onjpkvfyk4&feature=plcp&context=C4fa1e64VDvjVQa1PpcFM0mTC3aOaXHufiku_c-Q4RWk4Jj2hUFyA%3D I loved this look on her, but I didn't know if it would look good on me. I thought I would end up looking like a clown. But one day I was feeling silly, and I thought it would be funny to wear it. It ended up being very wearable and so pretty.

3. Silent Treatment This isn't from a youtube video. I just heard about this trio from Wet 'n Wild and how every color is a dupe for some other color. I figured out that I had dupes of this, or dupes of dupes (if that makes any sense). I decided to try it out as though I had this trio, and use the correct dupe for highlight, crease, and lid. It turned out to look really pretty. If you want to know what my dupes are there were: 7th shade in Wet 'n Wild Comfort Zone in crease, 5th shade in Wet 'n Wild Comfort Zone on lid, and 3rd shade in Prestige Earthling on the browbone. It turned out very pretty.

4. Pink Lipstick with Revlon Coral Reef Lipgloss on top. I don't know where I learned about this, but somewhere on the web, I got the idea to put coral lipgloss on top of pink lipstick for a neat effect.

5. Wet 'n Wild Color Icon in Petal Pushers shades 5-8 look really good on hazel eyes. I didn't use the 8th shade. Be careful with the 7th shade in the crease. You may need to wipe off under brow, and after crease put on browbone color to help blend. Other then that I think it does look pretty on hazel eyes.

6. July Peachy Look by xeverygirlx I can't find this video! I don't know if she deleted it or what, but it was a good video. I wrote down brief notes and then what I did to copy the look.
a. Femme Fi Highlight: goldish cream frost, dazzlelight dupe, lightest color in Maybelline Enchanted Forest inner corner
b. Woodwinked in crease, left color in L'Oreal HIP Duo in Dynamic
c. Melon, 2nd shade in Wet 'n Wild Greed, light wash inner tear duct over Femme Fi or All That Glitters or Naked Lunch
d. Elf Blush in Peachy Keen
e. Coral Lips
My Thoughts: It's really natural. This is good for day time. It reminds me of Spring or Summer, but I could wear this anytime. Quick look too.

7. Elizabeth Taylor Look by cosmeticcouturier http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7VxgSdApEc This girl does beautiful looks. She uses cruelty free and vegan products mostly. This is a look where you can wear a bright lipstick and not look like a clown or like you have too much makeup on.

8. Fun Water/Theme Park Makeup - Sweatproof by macbarbie07 http://www.youtube.com/watch? v=nmJHEeATSfE This look came out in the summer time. I used a bronzer on cheeks and everywhere instead of the blush. This is a pretty summer time look.

9. Gwen Stefani For Superior Preference by cosmeticcouturier http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yj8T5pWKW0U For this look, she copied an advertisement with Gwen Stefani looking gorgeous in it. I really liked this look, and I didn't think it was too much for daytime.

10. Minka Kelly: Warm & Glowy Makeup by Julieg713 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCg7J1pE3I0 I don't always like Julieg's looks because I feel like they are too dramatic and I don't feel comfortable wearing the looks in my day to day life. But this look I did like. The look is really pretty, but you have to be careful what concealer you use for highlighter because what I used settled in all my fine lines and wrinkles. I didn't even think I had those!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog! I love to get comments!