Thursday, December 12, 2013

Advent Blog: Underdogs, Face Lotion, and a Secret Santa!


Christmas Quote

"Yet as I read the birth stories about Jesus I cannot help but conclude that though the world may be tilted toward the rich and powerful, God is tilted toward the underdog." ~Philip Yancey

Christmas Song

Breath of Heaven by Amy Grant http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8_475FKJWQ

Benefit Countdown to Love Calendar

Day 12: Benefit Total Moisture Facial Cream



I normally am very stubborn about my facial products. I only use the same thing because I don't want to get acne. I normally wear SPF in my moisturizer, but I wanted to try this out. It doesn't have SPF, but other than that I like it. It feels good on my skin. I wouldn't buy the full size. I normally get lotion from the drugstore. I don't know if it will cause breakouts. I hope not! I don't think it will.

Lush's Secret Santa




Isn't this the cutest house? Have you noticed that much of the reason why I bought something from Lush had to do with how cute it looked? I watched Lush videos of people in England, and they called it "Santa's Grotto." Isn't that a cool name? This is what the website has to say about it. "Modeled after the very first Lush Shop in Poole, England, this limited edition holiday invention holds an exclusive new perfume called 29 High St! Drop the entire house into your tub or break it in half for two baths and revel in the cheerful orange water as notes of jasmine, lime, tonk and Sicilian lemon envelop your senses. Dedicated Lushies will recognize the scent; we've captured the smell of an entire Lush shop and put it into this beautifully perfumed bomb! The weight and size of this one make it big enough for two fragrant baths. What's Inside? You'll have to crack one open to find out." They have a video about this on the website. You crack it open and there is something inside! I will try to crack it open without breaking the whole thing and take a picture of what is inside.


It is supposed to be a Santa inside. My dad broke it, and it didn't break nicely. I had to collect all the broken pieces, and I will just put it all in the bath, and use the Santa tomorrow.

Review: It burst into 2 fizzy bombs! It smells like orange and lemons. It looked orange with glitter. It was really nice. It was very citrusy.

4 comments:

  1. That secret santa thing is so adorable! Like Kinder Eggs but for the bath~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know Kinder Eggs. I'll google it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh right, those are banned in the US. It's a chocolate and milk egg with a little capsule inside that contains toys you are supposed to put together, but there were reports of little kids swallowing the parts and asphixiating so the US banned them. The rest of the world is OK with them though.

      Delete

Thank you for commenting on my blog! I love to get comments!