Saturday, December 21, 2013

JollyVoxBox!



I was so excited to get the e-mail that I was selected to get the JollyVoxBox in the mail! I had heard about Influenster maybe a year ago, and I thought it sounded fun, so I signed up. Unfortunately, I didn't seem to qualify to get anything. I don't go on Twitter that much, and I don't make Youtube videos. I thought I wasn't able to get anything because I didn't hear from them for a long time. I sort of forgot about the website. So I don't know why I got selected, maybe I was in a long line of people waiting to be chosen. My ego likes to think, they saw my blog and thought it was so good they chose me. But for whatever reason I got this box that came with free goodies inside! I didn't know what I would get until I got my box yesterday.

I had to check on the website that I got the box, and I think that gave me a badge. Then they had a list of things for me to do. I could review the box on my blog, talk about it on Twitter, review the box on a Youtube video, etc. Then once I do something I submit it to the website. I'm going to do a blog review of it. I promise it is my honest opinion. I guess they will see my review and decide if they want to send me more Influenster boxes in the future to review. They will notify me when a survey is available and I'm supposed to take the survey about what I thought about the products in the box. There are also things you can do for each brand that is in the box. I haven't looked at that yet.

So this is the information card that came in the box:


It says: "Can you hear the children's laughter? Do you see the candy-colored lights lining the streets? Can you taste the thrill in the air? It's the most wonderful time of year. Filled with treasure to keep you smiling from ear to ear, the Jolly VoxBox is finally here!"

This reminds me of The IPSY Bag or Birchbox. It always came with an introduction card. Then on the other side is what is inside the box. I try not to look at that because I like to be surprised as I open the box, just like I'm opening a gift.

1. Puffs Ultra Soft & Strong To Go Tissue Pack: $0.49/single pack


I actually do have a cold and have been using lots of tissues. Normally, I just get whatever tissue is handy. I'm not picky. I do like it when there is lotion in the tissue. These are the kind with lotion and it feels so nice on the skin. I forget that I like the lotion kind. At school, the tissues feel like cardboard paper. I have to keep a little size package of tissues in my coat pocket or my purse because of my runny nose and my watery eyes.

This is what the card says, "Puffs Ultra Soft & Strong TO Go is still our best non-lotion facial tissue to use in the car, for on-the-go, wherever you go!" That's interesting. I thought it had lotion in it! Looking at the tissues, it says "Plus Lotion" next to the Puffs logo on the bottom. It's hard to see in my picture. Maybe this is a different tissue then the one it says on the card. It feels like lotion to me, and I can smell it.

2. NYC New York Color HD Color Trio Eye Shadow: $2.99



The swatches on my hand show that it isn't very pigmented for 2/3 shades. The top color is a really pretty highlight. I used this under my brow, inner corner, top of cheekbones, and cupid's bow. It looks very natural. The second color is the most pigmented. I used this on the crease. It is a really pretty warm brown. The third color is a taupe, and I put it on my eyelid. It isn't as pigmented, but sometimes it is more natural looking to have a lighter shade.

The card says, "HD Color Trio Eye Shadow delivers high intensity color with a silky soft texture. This lightweight formula blends effortlessly for the ultimate smoky eye look." I don't see how this is HD or intense at all. The shadows are silky that is true and it is a lightweight formula. I didn't create a smoky eye with this. These shadows reminds me of something I would wear in the Spring or Summer.

When I first saw this palette it reminded me of an eyeshadow trio I already had: Covergirl's Shimmering Sands. I wanted to compare the two. The NYC trio is called "Long Beach Sands."


In the palette they look similar.


The top is NYC and the bottom is Covergirl. The Covergirl has 2/3 colors that show up on my hand. They are similar to the middle color in the NYC palette. The Covergirl palette is more expensive. It is $4.49 at Target.

To be honest the NYC trio is just ok to me. I think I will give this to my mom. I showed it to her, and she really liked it.

3. Rimmel London NEW Show Off Lip Lacquer: $5.49-$5.99


I was really happy to see this in my VoxBox! I had heard about these lip lacquers on Youtube because originally they were sold in England and called "Apocalypse." They did really well in the U.K. and when they they came over to America people went crazy. When I tried to find them at my Walgreens, they were all sold out! I was trying to find the Luna shade because that one was the most desirable to me. This is the one the VoxBox sent me! Later, I did find one that I wanted called Celestial. It is a really pretty plum shade. I use this whenever a look calls for a plum lip.


Luna is on the top and Celestial is on the bottom. They have "universe" shade names. This is a creamy formula. It reminds me of the NYX Xtreme Lip Creams. They are $5.99 at Ulta. It is very thick. They both feel nice on the lips. They aren't really lipsticks or lip glosses. They are a different texture.



The left one is Rimmel and the right is NYX. They are the same texture. It's obviously a different color, but they are both vibrant, and very pretty. The card says, "It's the end of colour as you know it! The intense rich colour of a lipstick combined with an invincibly smooth lacquer shine. Available in 14 shades." I think when they say "It's the end of colour as you know it!" This is referring to the idea of the Apocalypse lip lacquers. Maybe this is the same thing they said about those.

I really like this lip lacquer. I'm so happy to get it! It was all sold out at my stores.

4. Skinny Cow Candy: $3.99/box, $1.09/single bar or pouch


They come with three chocolates in a pouch. I ate one, that is why there were two left. I love chocolate and these are chocolate peanut butters! It really tastes good to me. It tastes like a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup. I asked my dad if he thought so, and he did too. They are lower in calories though. I looked up the information about Reese's. They have 210 calories, 110 calories from fat, and 13g of total fat. Skinny Cow Divine Filled Chocolates Candy in Peanut Butter Creme has 130 calories per pouch, 70 calories from fat, and 7g of total fat! I have tried Skinny Cow before and I liked them. It doesn't taste like you are getting a lower calorie candy. This is what the card says, "TA DA! Presenting almost too good to be true Skinny Cow Candy! Unbelievably chocolatey. Melt-in-your-mouth madness. Perfectly yummy portions. Skinny Cow's line of candy weighs in at 110 to 130 calories. So if you've been avoiding the candy aisle, welcome back. You're gonna feel like a kid in a candy store."

5. Ducklings Mini Rolls: $2-$3


This is Duck Tape. Isn't it cute?! I actually needed to get some duct tape because I use it to fix my key chain for work. The circle comes loose and then my keys fall out. I already used plain black tape to fix it. This is a nice color and it matches my lanyard for work.


This is what the card says, "Excellent for repair, crafting, and imaginative projects. High performance strength and adhesion characteristics. Tears easily by hand without curling and conforms to uneven surfaces. Ducklings are perfect for small repairs, trimming out projects or for when you just need a little tape!" I agree these are good for repair and they are strong. It lasts for a long time. But I have trouble tearing it with my hand. I had to use scissors. Maybe I am just weak.

So that is my review! I hope it was helpful to you! I liked 4/5 of the items. I like how these are all things I can get at my local store. They aren't expensive products.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog! I love to get comments!