Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Too Faced Be Merry & Bright Palette Dupes!

This is the last of the Too Faced palettes I'm going to dupe. They have another palette that is so cute. It is a little cell phone case, that you can actually use for a case. I decided not to dupe it because it doesn't come with a look book. I'm all about the look books. This has two different palettes. One is called Be Merry and the other Be Bright. It is only sold at Ulta. I got help for the dupes again from Temptalia's blog: http://www.temptalia.com/faced-merry-bright-makeup-palettes-reviews-photos-swatches-part-1 and http://www.temptalia.com/faced-merry-bright-makeup-palettes-reviews-photos-swatches-part-2. I love her blog because she says what makeup is similar to the palette, and she has really great quality photos.

These are the dupes, some of them are from me and some are from Temptalia. Some are dupes that I have and I'm not sure where I got them because I've had them for some time and I didn't write down where my source was.

Be Merry

Egg Nog: pale, neutral beige with a matte finish, Wet 'n Wild Brûlée (my dupe)

Very Merry: light-medium green with golden, yellow undertones and a frosted finish, Wet 'n Wild Fergie Centerstage Collection Photo OP Eyeshadow in Shades of the Hamptons, bottom right color (my dupe)

Buttered Rum: warm, golden medium-dark brown with a frosted, metallic finish and warm undertones, Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips Custom Eye Enhancing Shadow & Liner in Warm Nude Eyes, 3rd one from the bottom (my dupe)

Brown Sugar: dark, chocolate brown with warm, red-orange undertones and a frosted slightly metallic finish, Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips Custom Eye Enhancing Shadow & Liner in Warm Nude Eyes, bottom color (my dupe)

Bubbly: warm, light-medium peach with soft gold shimmer, Maybelline Eye Studio in Desert Fantasy, 1st color (my dupe)

Chocolate Moon: dark gray with brown undertones and a soft sparkle: Wet 'n Wild Shimmer the Night Away, 3rd shade (my dupe)

Mascara: Lash Injection, I just used whatever mascara I'm using at the moment.

Bronzer: Spice: light-medium orange with subtle brown tones and a golden sheen, I'm using the bronzer I like. You can use whatever bronzer you like.

Blush: Peachy Keen: warm, light-medium pink with gold shimmer, Physicians Formula Happy Booster Glow & Mood Boosting Blush in Natural (Temptalia's dupe)

Be Bright

Marshmallow: soft, light pink with warm, yellow undertones and a frosted finish, The Balm Nude'tude Eyeshadow Palette in Stubborn (my dupe)

Mauvelous: pale, softened mauve with coppery-red micro-glitter, Wet 'n Wild Petal Pusher, 6th color (my dupe)

Starry Night: matte black with fine silver sparkle, Wet 'n Wild Three's A Party (Temptalia's dupe)

Wish: pale, carmel brown with a soft, frosted finish, Elf Beach Beauty Palette, 4th row, 2nd color (my dupe)

Sequin: vibrant, jewel-tone teal with a frosted finish, Wet 'n Wild Fergie Photo OP Eye Shadow Palette in Maldives Sky, bottom left (my dupe)

Bright Eyes: vibrant, fuchsia pink with cool, blue undertones and a pearly sheen, Wet 'n Wild I'm Feeling Retro, pink (my dupe)

Lollipop Blush: cool-toned medium pink with subtle blue undertones and a champagne shimmer, The Balm Down Boy (Temptalia's dupe)

Inner Light Lumanizer: pale, peachy-pink with a strong golden shimmer and sheen, The Balm Mary-Lou Manizer (Temptalia's dupe)

These are the products I wear for each look mostly:

Concealer: Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Highlighting Concealer in Ivory (under eyes), Boots No.7 Stay Perfect Blemish Cover in Extra Fair (blemishes)
Bronzer: Maybelline Dream Sun Bronzing Powder in Matte Light
Eye Shadow Primer: Benefit Stay Don't Stray
Mascara: L'Oreal Voluminous Million Lashes Waterproof in Blackest Black (top lashes), Maybelline Lash Discovery Mini-Brush Waterproof in Very Black (bottom lashes)
Face Primer: Pixi Flawless & Poreless Face Primer in Translucent
Foundation: L'Oreal Visible Lift Foundation in Soft Ivory (my skin has been very dry), Revlon Colorstay Foundation for Normal/Dry Skin in Ivory
Powder: Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder in Translucent
Eyebrows: Milani Brow Fix Brow Kit in Light

Be Merry Lookbook

1. Weekday
a. Base: Egg Nog: Wet 'n Wild Brûlée, I put it from the lashes to the brow.
b. Lid: Very Merry: Wet 'n Wild Fergie Centerstage Collection Photo OP Eyeshadow in Shades of the Hamptons
c. Crease: Buttered Rum: Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips Custom Eye Enhancing Shadow & Liner in Warm Nude Eyes, 3rd one from the bottom
d. Line: Brown Sugar: Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips Custom Eye Enhancing Shadow & Liner in Warm Nude Eyes, bottom color
e. Mascara: Lash Injection, it comes with the palettes
f. Bronzer: Spice, it is part of the palette
g. Blush: Peachy Keen, it is part of the palette
My Thoughts: I like the green on the lid and brown in the crease. I actually used the wrong blush by mistake. I used the Physicians Formula Happy Booster Blush in Warm. I like this blush. I'm going to match the blush with Buxom's Creamsicle Lip Gloss. The green on the eyes just feels festive to me. I like this look.

2. Weekend
a. Base: Bubbly: Maybelline Eye Studio in Desert Fantasy, 1st color
b. Lid: Buttered Rum: Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips Custom Eye Enhancing Shadow & Liner in Warm Nude Eyes, 3rd one from the bottom
c. Line: Chocolate Moon: Wet 'n Wild Shimmer the Night Away, 3rd shade
d. Mascara: Lash Injection
e. Bronzer: Spice, chin, forehead, cheeks, nose
f. Blush: Peachy Keen
My Thoughts: I like it. The eyes are neutral, the cheeks are natural, and there is more bronzer than I realized the look shows to put on. Yesterday, I didn't look at the chart, but today I went to Ulta's website and got a close up on the chart and it shows where to put the bronzer. It has you put it in a lot more places than I normally put bronzer. I don't think it is supposed to be a contour, but more like warming up your whole face. I hope it doesn't look too strange on me, since I'm so pale. I think the look is good. It says it is a weekend look, but I think you can wear this look whenever.

Be Bright Lookbook

1. Weekday
a. Base: Marshmallow: The Balm Nude'tude Eyeshadow Palette in Stubborn
b. Lid: Mauvelous: Wet 'n Wild Petal Pusher, 6th color
c. Line: Starry Night: Wet 'n Wild Three's A Party, black color
d. Mascara: Lash Injection
e. Blush: Lollipop: The Balm Down Boy
f. Lumanizer: Inner Light: The Balm Mary-Lou Manizer
My Thoughts: I like this look. The Mauvelous shade is really pretty from the Petal Pusher palette. The Balm Down Boy is a light pink. I chose to wear Benefit's Dandelion Lip Gloss because I just got it from my advent calendar! it is a soft pink color.

2. Weekend
a. Base: Wish: Elf Beach Beauty Palette 4th row, 2nd color
b. Outer Lid: Sequin: Wet 'n Wild Fergie Photo OP Eye Shadow Palette in Maldives Sky, bottom left
c. Inner Lid: Bright Eyes: Wet 'n Wild I'm Feeling Retro, pink
d. Line: Starry Night: Wet 'n Wild Three's A Party, black color
e. Mascara: Lash Injection
f. Blush: Lollipop
g. Lumanizer: Inner Light
My Thoughts: I thought it was weird using Wish as a base because it is a brown and darker than my skin, but it ends up looking like I put bronzer all over the lid, so it doesn't look bad. I don't like the teal and pink on the lid. It's a little too crazy for my tastes. My dupes are pigmented though. I used the Benefit Dandelion Lip Gloss again. I got compliments on my Down Boy cheeks today. It is a light matte pink. I like it. I don't like this look though.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog! I love to get comments!