Tuesday, December 31, 2013

December Favorites!

Favorite Movies


1. The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug: This is the second movie in The Hobbit trilogy. I read the book about a year ago, and I really liked it. The movies add a lot of stuff that wasn't in the book, but that is ok to me. I feel like the movies are a different experience, than the book. I like Peter Jackson. He knows how to make a great movie. My favorite part of this movie was Bilbo, the hobbit. Martin Freeman is the actor, and I think he is amazing. He steals every scene he is in. He is such a great actor. I wish that he would win some awards. The hobbit is so relatable and funny. Even though he is the most unlikely character, he is always saving people and saving the day. I think I liked this film better than the first. 


2. Insidious: This movie came out in 2010, but I hadn't heard of it until this year. I saw "The Conjuring" and I remember people were saying it was scarier than "Insidious." I thought, "Insidious" must be a scary movie if that is what they are comparing it to. The sequel to "Insidious" has just come out, and I haven't seen it yet. I wanted to see the first one first. It was available for free on Fear Net on Demand. This movie scared me so bad! My muscles were tense all over after watching it. This is like a haunting/ghost/demon/possession type of movie. I tend to like horror movies with that theme. It really can scare me. I thought the story was good too, and good acting. There was a lot of moments when things pop out at you and make you jump.

Favorite TV Show


Mob Wives: This is the 4th season. It's on Vh1. It is also On Demand, which I like because I like to be able to watch the TV show whenever I want to. This is another reality show. The women are so passionate, and they get into conflicts with each other. It seems like I like watching shows where women fight, but I don't think it is that. I think I like to analyze people. It all goes back to being interested in psychology, I think. I like watching how people interact with each other, and I like seeing different people's personalities. I think people can be fascinating. All of these women are linked to the mob in some way, whether it is their husband, their father, or a relative. 

Beauty Favorites



1. Benefit Bad Gal Lash Mascara: I had a Benefit Advent Calendar this month, so you will see several Benefit products in my favorites. I have tried Benefit's They're Real, and I loved it. I was sad when it was time to throw it away because three months had passed. I was hoping I would get a Benefit mascara in the calendar, and I got one! This is just like They're Real. It lengthens and thickens your lashes. 



2. Benefit Total Moisture Facial Cream: I normally use the same face products every day religiously, but I was curious to try something new. This smells so good, and it does a good job moisturizing. It didn't break me out. The only thing I don't like is it doesn't have SPF.



3. Essie Nail Lacquer in Peak of Chic: I wore OPI Nail Lacquer in You're Such a Budapest, and then put Peak of Chic as a top coat on my ring fingers. It is little white bars and glitter bars. It reminds me of frost. I think I'm going to wear this a lot this winter. I think it would look really pretty on light blue or mint nails. 



4. Maybelline Great Lash Mascara in Clear: I was using Ardell's Brow Gel, but when I ran out of it I wanted to try this. It does a good job keeping my eyebrows in place. It is like hairspray for your eyebrows. 




5. Benefit Bad Gal Eyeliner in Black: Whenever a look called for black eye liner, I reached for this because it was new and it is a good liner. You can smudge it out, and put it in the waterline. 



6. Lush Mint Julip Lip Scrub: I love this! You lick your lips and scrub this on, and then you lick it off your lips. It tastes like mint chocolate chip ice cream! I had heard people talk about Lush lip scrubs, and I was curious to try it. They had a special one for Christmas, but it was Cola tasting, and that didn't sound as good to me as a mint one. These come in different flavors. You can get popcorn or bubblegum. It works really good too. Keep it at room temperature though. I tried bringing it to work with me in my makeup bag, but it hardened in the car. It didn't stay that way, thankfully.



7. L'Oreal Nail Color in The Statement Piece: This is a pretty gold glitter. It's hard to see it in the picture. I wish I could take better pictures. I just used this on the nail, and it is just nice for this time of year. I wanted to wear something gold and sparkly.




8. & 9. OPI Nail Lacquer in My Favorite Ornament and OPI Nail Lacquer in Ski Slope Sweetie: I don't know if you can tell from the picture, but the ring finger has a different texture than the other fingers. I put Ski Slope Sweetie on all the nails. It is a beautiful opal color. I put My Favorite Ornament on my ring fingernails as an accent. It has little golden glitters. It reminds me of sand paper. I like the different textures. It seemed really wintery to me. These nail polishes are from The Mariah Carey collection. I saw it on someone's blog, and I thought so many of the nail polishes were beautiful. I have two other ones that you might see on my favorites list next month. These polishes look so elegant to me.



10. Maybelline Eye Studio Color Explosion in Forest Fury: All the colors in this are great, but I know the one I used the most this month was the glittery top coat. It is the gold glitter at the top of the palette. You can put this on top of any eyeshadow, and it gives a beautiful look. Whenever a look called for gold glitter, I used this shadow. I think these types of palettes became popular in Asia first, and then were brought to America. I have all the palettes, and each one has a glittery top coat. You don't need any glue for it to stick. It's fun to play with.

Favorite Songs

I listened to the Christmas radio station. I like the old Christmas songs, from the 40's and 50's.

These are some of my favorite Christmas songs. I used them in my advent blog posts.
1. Where Are You Christmas? by Faith Hill
2. The Christmas Song by Nat "King" Cole
3. O Holy Night by Celine Dion
4. Underneath the Tree by Kelly Clarkson
5. Drummer Boy (ft. Busta Rhymes) by Justin Bieber
6. Mary, Did You Know? by Ceelo Green
7. I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day by Casting Crowns
8. Carol of the Bells
9. Mistletoe by Justin Bieber
10. Breath of Heaven by Amy Grant
11. Nutcracker Suite by Tchaikovsky
12. All I Want for Christmas Is You by Mariah Carey
13. We Three Kings
14. Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas by The Carpenters
15. Christmas by Mariah Carey
16. Merry Christmas, Darling by The Carpenters
17. Run, Rudolph, Run by Chuck Berry
18. White Christmas by The Drifters
19. Joy to the World by Nat "King" Cole
20. Do You Hear What I Hear? by Whitney Houston

At the end of this video I heard a really pretty version of Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas by Charity Vance: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOnDoDHeaV4. Her voice is so sweet and unique.

Other Favorites




1. New Winter Wax Warmer: This is by Better Homes & Gardens. You can find these at Walmart. They had these in the holiday section. I thought this one was pretty. The one I was using was a sand castle, and it was too summery. This one isn't too Christmasy, so I can use it all winter long.



2. Better Homes & Gardens Scented Wax Cubes in Snowy Winter Woods: This was my favorite wax cubes of the month. It smells like pine and perfume. I don't know how else to describe it. It isn't an overpowering smell at all. 

I hope you enjoyed my December favorites! What was your favorite thing this month? Leave a comment below! I hope you have a good New Year's Eve and a happy new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog! I love to get comments!