Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Spring Look #10: Urban Decay

This look was created by cosmeticcouturier http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmczgPrYf1s She uses cruelty-free and vegan makeup. I've learned a lot about that from her. She has inspired me to find out more about products that are cruelty-free and use them instead of other brands. I still have makeup that isn't cruelty free that I still use though. I like how she promotes good things and you can tell she has a lot of integrity. When she promotes products, you know that she has used them and that she likes them. This look was used mainly with Urban Decay products. I don't have Urban Decay, so this is how I duped the look. The only thing I used that wasn't cruelty free that is listed below is Mac and Maybelline.

1. Eye Cream
2. Eye Primer
3. Concealer
4. Urban Decay Tease: Mac Quarry
5. Urban Decay Foxy: Wet 'n Wild Vanity Palette, 1st color
6. Urban Decay Zephyr: Wet 'n Wild Pride Palette, 1st color
7. Urban Decay Sin: Wet 'n Wild Walking on Eggshells, eyelid color
8. Urban Decay Cobra (black with gold shine): Wet 'n Wild 8-Pan Palette in Blue Had Me At Hello, 8th color (black with silver glitter, the glitter doesn't show up much though)
9. Lit Clearly Glitter Base: I didn't use this or any dupe.
10. Lit Cosmetics Glitter in Champagne Wishes: Maybelline Eye Studio Color Explosion in Forest Fury, shimmery champagne gold top coat (I used my finger to pat this on my eyelid.)
11. Liquid Liner
12. Eyeliner
13. Urban Decay YDK: Elf Brightening Eye Color in Day 2 Night, last shade
14. Foundation
15. Concealer
16. Milani Illuminating Face Powder in Amber Nectar
17. Selma Hayek Nuance Ultra Shine Lip Gloss in #125 Pomegranate (hot pink): Elf Luscious Liquid Lipstick in Pink Lemonade

My Thoughts: I think this is a pretty look. I feel like I keep saying that about these looks. I wouldn't make a blog about it, if I didn't recommend the look. She says to use a pencil brush to put on the crease color. I did that, but it was very difficult. I would recommend using a crease brush. Also, I thought it odd that she named the look Glistening White Lilies because it doesn't look like that to me. She might have just named it that for Easter time.


Here is a basket of all the eyeshadows I used! It took a lot of eyeshadows, but the look wasn't difficult, and my eyes don't look muddy or anything. In the upper right you can see the Milani Illuminating Face Powder in Amber Nectar. It is such a pretty palette. It has a rose design on it.



Here is how it looks on my face. I'm sorry it's so hard to see my eye makeup. I think my eyes are hooded or something. You can see how the cheeks are very natural and the lips are a bright pink.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog! I love to get comments!