Monday, April 30, 2012

April Favorites

I have a lot of nail polish favorites this month. I've been getting into doing my nails lately. I like doing different nails and accent nails. I'll show you what I have been doing this month.


1. I had heard about Revlon Sunshine Sparkle being a good nail polish to get. It is a bright yellow color. It didn't have enough sparkle in it, so I put Essie Luxe Effects in Shine of the Times over it. It has sparkles with yellow in it. This is a pretty look when it is sunny outside and you want to wear something to sparkle in the sun.


2. Sally Hansen Double Duty Strengthening Base & Top Coat: I love this! It works well as a base or top coat. When my watch was causing green marks on my skin, a friend told me to put clear nail polish on the watch to prevent the marks. I used this and it worked! I thought that was a cool trick. When I run out of this I will buy it again.


3. From left to right, Sinful Colors in Opal Glitter and Zoya Professional Lacquer in Bevin. The Zoya nail polish I got in one of my Birchboxes. This color has lasted so long on my nails without chipping! I love it. I normally don't wear blue on my nails, but this color is actually pretty. On my ring finger nails I put a glitter top coat.


4. Essie Nail Lacquer in Tart Deco: I put this on my toe nails. This month the weather has at times been sunny and hot so I actually could wear sandals! It was a miracle! If you live in Oregon, you know how nice it is to not have rainy weather. We celebrate the sunshine. This is a pretty orange color. Some might say it's coral.


5. From left to right, OPI Nail Lacquer in Italian Love Affair and Essie Nail Lacquer in A Crewed Interest. On Eleventh Gorgeous they showed a nail trick where you choose two colors that you think would look good together and then you alternate for every two fingers, and then do the opposite to the other hand. For example, I would have pink on one thumb and peach on the other thumb. Then on one hand I would have peach on the pointer finger and middle finger and pink on the other hand. Does that make sense? Basically, you're just mixing the colors up on the hand and opposite for the other hand. I think these colors look pretty together and it reminded me of Easter eggs.


6. Now on to non nail favorites. I love this! It is Got2b Glossy Anti-Frizz Shine Serum. I like this better than the Jon Frieda Frizz Ease. It doesn't leave my hair oily. It has just the right amount of consistency and takes away my frizz.


7. I tried out these two concealers this month. From left to right Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles Treatment Concealer in Fair and Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Highlighting Concealer in Ivory. I like both of these. I heard about the Eraser being good on YouTube videos and I wanted to try it out for myself. I think it does a good job covering dark circles. I like it better than the Dream Lumi, but the Dream Lumi is good at highlighting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog! I love to get comments!