Monday, April 2, 2012

Spring Look #2: Shimmery Purple

This next look in my series is actually very inexpensive. If you were to follow this tutorial using the products the makeup artist uses. I just didn't have any of those products, but I did have dupes. So if you want to recreate this look it wouldn't be expensive to use exactly what she has or also what I used. I love looks that look good, but are easily purchased (if that makes any sense). I'm not sure exactly where this girl is from, she has an accent. I love her videos. I also think she has a great personality. I think I would be friends with her if I knew her in real life. This is The Makeup Chair. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXXO9u0GUko

1. Elf Tickled Pink Blush: I used the pink/peach blush that comes in Elf's Contouring Blush and Bronzing Powder
2. Rimmel Gloss in Candy Bar: I used Elf's Hypershine Gloss in Blossom
3. Miss Sport Cream Stick: I used NYX Jumbo Pencil in Cottage Cheese (You could use Milk if you have that one.)
4. Luminess Air in Plumkin: She says you could also use Rimmel Colour Mousse 013 or Elf Cream Shadow in Eggplant if you don't have Plumkin. I used Revlon Illuminance Creme Shadow in Va Va Va Bloom 725, the first color which is the darkest plum.
5. Elf Brightening Eye Color in Pretty in Pink: I don't have this quad. I used Wet 'n Wild's Pride Palette the 4th color that is white and sparkly. For the light baby pink color, I used Maybelline Eye Studio's Quad in Mad for Mauve 1st color. For the darker pink/purple color I used the 2nd shade in the Mad for Mauve quad. I skipped the part where she put a darker pink on the outer portion because I really did that with the 2nd shade.

My Thoughts: This look is pretty on hazel eyes. It was tricky putting the cream in the outer v for some reason for me, but I figured it out and luckily it blended out nicely. The rest of the face is natural and appropriate for daytime sunniness. (I didn't know "sunniness" was a real word, but it isn't being underlined so I guess it is!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog! I love to get comments!