Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Stila Fabulous in Fiji Dupes

For the actual face chart, palette, and cute journal entries: http://www.stilacosmetics.com/feature/travel/map.asp?map=fiji


This is one of five palettes that came out the summer of 2010. It was so popular that they came out with the beach palettes this year.


Face Chart
The face chart is sort of hard to read, so I retyped it for myself. I like the one on their website though because you can see how the colors are supposed to work together on the face.


1. Dust R&R from the lash line to brow.
2. Apply Escape to the lids using the large end of the number 15 brush.
3. Create a cat eye by applying Wave damp with the number 4 brush to the top lash line.
4. Soften the look by adding Palm to the lower lash line with the small end of the number 15 brush.
5. Complete the look with two coats of mascara.
6. Apply Plumeria convertible color to the apples of the cheeks, blend up for a contoured look.
7. Press Plumeria into the lips using the fingertips for a bronzy look that is ideal in the islands.


My Dupes
1. R&R: Wet 'n Wild Blue Had Me at Hello, 5th shade
2. Escape: e.l.f. 32 Palette Everyday Brights, 2nd shade on the 2nd row
3. Number 15 brush: I just used a regular eye shadow brush.
4. Wave: Wet 'n Wild Blue Had Me at Hello, 7th shade
5. Number 4 brush: I used a regular eye liner brush.
6. Palm: e.l.f. 32 Palette Everyday Brights, 2nd row, shades 5 and 6 mixed
7. Small end of number 15 brush: Eco Tools brush that comes with a sharpener attached to it, looks like a pointed crease brush
8. Plumeria: Wet 'n Wild Everything Under the Sun Bronzer (don't be too heavy handed)
9. Plumeria for lips: bareMinerals Natural Lip Gloss in Cassis (it was the brownest shade I had) mix with the wet 'n wild bronzer (see above) on my finger and applied to lips


My Thoughts
I feel clownish. I wonder if it would look better if I had tan skin. I don't think blue eye shadow looks good on me.


Alternate Look
1. Palm to inner half of eye
2. Escape to outer half
3. Wave as liner for the upper outer third and connected to the bottom lash line.


My Thoughts
This looks good when I added black eyeliner to the upper lash line. I used Physician's Formula Shimmer Strips Custom Eye Enhancing Gel Cream Liner for Hazel Eyes, the black shade.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog! I love to get comments!