For swatches and review of Stila Smudge Sticks: http://makeupforlife.net/2010/08/stila-smudge-stick-waterproof-eye-liner-review.html
For the actual face chart, palette, and cute journal entries: http://www.stilacosmetics.com/feature/travel/map.asp?map=usa
1. Base shade Valley Girl using #9 brush all over lid starting from lash line to brow bone.
2. Crease shade Souther Belle using #15 brush large side and blend in the crease/hollow of eye.
3. Liner and lid shade City Chick using #4 brush. Dampen the brush tip for a dramatic look and start at the lash line top and bottom lash line lid softly brush the City Chick shade onto the lids.
4. Using #15 brush small end wrap the City Chick under the lower lash line to complete the look and add a smoky effect.
5. Cheeks and lips: Apply Hibiscus to both.
6. Mascara top and bottom lashes.
7. Purple Tang and Lionfish smudge sticks to add intensity to look.
8. #9 Lip Pencil and Grapefruit Lip Gloss
1. Valley Girl: e.l.f. Essential Beauty School Book - Eye Bright Look, pink
2. #9 brush: blending brush
3. Southern Belle: Physician's Formula Hazel Eye Candy, pink
4. #15 large side of brush: regular eye shadow brush
5. City Chick: Smashbox Ultimate Eyes Hazel Quad, deep eggplant shade
6. #4 brush: liner brush
5. #15 small side of brush: Eco Tools brush that comes with a sharpener attached to it, looks like a pointed crease brush
6. Hibiscus Convertible Color: Physician's Formula Happy Booster Glow & Mood Boosting Blush in Natural
7. Hibiscus for lips: Softlips spf 20 Lip Balm with the Physician's Formula blush (see above) on my finger and applied to lips
8. Purple Tang Smudge Stick: Smashbox Limitless Eye Liner in Plum
9. Lionfish Smudge Stick: didn't use
10. #9 Lip Pencil: No.7 by Boots in 20 Nude
11. Grapefruit Lip Gloss: e.l.f. Luscious Liquid Lipstick in Pink Lemonade
My Thoughts: Overall this is a very pretty, dramatic look. This is definitely for night time. It is like a deep purple, smoky eye. I used the purple shadow and eye liner from my Smashbox kit that was specifically for hazel eyes, so this look is flattering to my eye color.
I think there was a mistake though in the face chart because for some reason they never used one of the colors in the palette, the Snow Bunny. Maybe the artist didn't feel a need to use it or maybe there was a mistake. I thought it was odd how many times they said to use the City Chick color. Maybe they meant Snow Bunny one of those times. Also this chart is the only one out of all the palettes that mentions a lip pencil, lip gloss, and 2 eyeliners to use with the look. I also didn't understand why they said to use a dark purple eye liner when I already had a wet purple liner around my eyes AND purple shadow smudged around the line. I couldn't figure out how to use the Lionfish liner because it's a brown color and it wouldn't have even showed up with all the purple. So this look was kind of confusing, but overall it turned out really pretty in the end.
I look forward to more Stila palettes that I can dupe!